Scar Tissue after LLETZ?

Maybe a bit too much info here but hey ho!  So, I had the loop done on March 6th, 2 months ago now.  My healing got hindered when I wouldn't stop bleeding 2 weeks after the treatment and had to spend 2 days in hospital.  Of course initially they tell you not to have sex for 4-6 weeks after.  With it being a little over 8 weeks now, we tried to have sex the other day, and it wouldn't happen!  It feels like everything down there has tightened up just inside and is refusing to budge.  Obviously we stopped trying, and I was quite upset.  After a little Googling, I discovered that it is possibly scar tissue that has made the cervix hard.  Some ladies even said that it was never the same down there again! 

Does anyone have experience of this?  I'd not come across it before.  I know from previous operations elsewhere that scar tissue takes a long time to get back to 'normal' and usually massaging the area helps.  Obviously it is not possible to massage the cervix!

Sorry for babbling, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, and how long it took to get back to some sort of normality?  

Hi, sorry I don't know the exact answer, however I had my LLETZ 4weeks ago and had to return Thurs to discuss my results.  My consultant wants to send me for an MRI and said they can't do it untill my cervix has healed, then he said which we would expect it has now. Don't know if that's any help :) xx

Hi, sorry I don't know the exact answer, however I had my LLETZ 4weeks ago and had to return Thurs to discuss my results.  My consultant wants to send me for an MRI and said they can't do it untill my cervix has healed, then he said which we would expect it has now. Don't know if that's any help :) xx

Hey there. That sounds distressing for you and I can see why you feel worried. I'm no medical expert, but I'd be extremely surprised if the lletz treatment results in substantial scar tissue forming. I'm wondering if you tightening up was more due to nerves and fear of what it would be like to have sex again? The vagina can have a mind of its own,  even if you think you're in control of it!

That said, I'd recommend getting an appointment with your doc, to put your mind at rest. I know that you've found evidence on the net to back your fears up, but I think Jo's is the most reliable site out there, and don't think I've read any experiences of this. Although some ladies have agreed that things feel different post lletz, it doesn't seem to hinder sex lives. 

Hope I've been of some help, sorry if not. Just wanted to try and reassure you that there could be other explanations for this happening. 

Best of luck with it all xx

Thanks ladies.  I did'nt really consider that 'she' may have a mind of her own.  It's hard to keep calm when inside you're thinking 'I hope everything is ok down there!'  I think I'll try again before a see a Dr.