Scanxiety is real. And hard

Having a hard time tonight, so I’ll ask, like many others have done before me, how you settle your mind before receiving scan results. And not spiral into doom-laden thoughts about never being the same again. Thank you x

I dont think its possible… but you’re not on your own. I absolutely torment myself!

1 Like

Scanxiety certainly is real and hard. As Shammy stated, you aren’t alone and just have to ride it out. I try to stay busy and active outdoors, it just always makes me feel better.

1 Like

It is always stressful to receive scan results. I keep saying to myself that I have no control over the results and what it is going to happen will happen so I am trying to focus on other things than the scans but I am always a little depressed before the results.

Hi Maria - completely. And this last one was a bit anti-climactic, just to say I needed a PET scan next. :confused: How are you doing by the way? I read some of your history and wondering how you’re feeling xx

Hi AnaM,

Luckily everything goes well for me I am almost 2 years post treatment and have no significant side effects! I am back to normal :slight_smile: I am still trying to put everything behind.

I hope everything goes well with the pet scan!

Xxx

1 Like

That is AWESOME to hear xxx

1 Like