Sad news

Hi everyone

It is with a very heavy heart that I must share the sad news that our dear friend Louise Hassall (LouLouH) passed away last night from cervical cancer. Many of you in our community will have come to know Lou and her incredible spirit and determination. She has supported so many in our community and has been a friend to all but was also a beloved wife to Steve who has been her rock through it all. I know that this news will sadden so many of you.

We at Jo's are also feeling this enormous loss. Lou joined our community around 8 years ago and, since then, has just been the most incredible supporter to us. She has tirelessly worked to raise awareness of the disease and how to prevent it and has continued to be a patient advocate in countless media articles, television programmes, conferences and working groups despite at times being very unwell. But aside from this she was also an amazing volunteer support group leader in our Manchester Group, providing local support to women in the area, putting her heart and soul into it.

Lou also raised thousands of pounds for the charity though all her fundraising activities including the Steps for Jo’s event that she ran at Dunham Massey with good friend Helen. She believed in what we do and she utterly inspired us, kept us passionate.

I know that this news will come as a real blow for all of you and so I wanted to reach out to you to let you know that we are here for you during this incredibly sad time. Please know that you can contact us for support on our helpline 0808 802 8000.

We are sending strength to all of the cervical cancer community right now, her good friends, her soul mate Steve, her family, the healthcare professionals who’s care she was under and to every single person that was touched by her good nature, mega watt smile and wicked sense of humour.

Best wishes
Rebecca and the rest of the Jo’s Team

I am so saddened to hear this. Thinking of her Steve and family and friends. 

xx

So sad, thoughts are with everyone ❤️ Xx

Such sad news - thoughts are with her family and friends. I had never met you but could tell from your posts what a remarkable woman you were x 

i am New and have not encountered this incredible Lady but send all of my condolences to Family and friends x

I’m so sorry to hear that - Lou was an inspiration to many of us on the forum.

Cara xxx

So sad to hear we have lost another sister.

Condolences to her family and friends at this sad time.

Lou was very supportive on this forum regardless of what she was going through. Strong & lovely sister.

Flo xx

A brave, courageous and supportive soul who will be missed by so many of us here. Thoughts are with her husband, family and friends. 

This is such sad news, Lou was such a lovely person and her untimely death is a dreadful loss to her family and to the Jo's community.

RIP Lou, you will never be forgotten xxxxx

Sue x

I am so, so saddened to read this. Lou had such amazing strength. It's awful to think she finally lost the battle.

Love to Steve
xxxxx
Tivoli

Oh this is so so sad!

Sending lots of love to her family xx