Routine 3 year check up following LLETZ

Help, it’s the time I’ve been dreading for the last 3 years. On the 25th October I’m booked in for my routine smear. The 1st one since I had treatment for Cin3 and HPV. I was given the all clear 3 years ago but I’m so scared it will come back abnormal again.
Can anyone offer any reassurance please? Xx

Hello! I don’t have any advice as I only had my LEEP done end of July, I’m coming up on my 3 month smear end of October (the 27th to be exact). And I’m pretty nervous about it but trying to stay calm! I’ve read of most people having 6 month smears so to hear I was doing one at the 3 month mark sort of took me by surprise but I think this is just the way my gyno does it! And I already informed me I could still show HPV positive so early and some women take a few extra months to clear it. Still makes me anxious though, of course!

Prayers and good vibes that your appt goes so well and you have negative test results still! I know my gyno said most people after having feels removed are good moving forward! I’m sure someone will be along soon to offer their experience and advice on this soon!

2 Likes

Come here and “vent” whenever you feel like it, it does help. I used an app called Ankr to help me in the fight. I think it’s free and available on app store (iPhone) – search for Ankr - Cancer care companion. I’ve found them very helpful. Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes