Restaged from 1b1 to 2a

hi I had a radical hysterectomy 5 wks ago all is going well after my surgery, less than a wk later I ended up back in hospital in intensive care because I wasn feeling great it turned out I had two blood clots one on each lung it was a scary time but I’m doing well and feeling like I’m getting back on the mend, I was told a couple of days ago that my histology showed some spread in the cervix and vagina so I was restaged to 2a and I wil need to start radiotherapy for 5 wks I feel like things have been one thing after the other lately and I’ve had a lot going on in my family life and have lost over a stone since my    diagnosis  , I’m just looking for any advice or tips before I start radiotherapy on how to build myself up again health wise and some advice on what to expect from radiotherapy,   Thank you, melissa x                                                 

Hi. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time recently - I had a blood clot on my lung 8 years ago and that was stressful enough never mind what you've been through. I hope you're managing OK.

I had my treatment just over 2 years ago and felt that I coped pretty well. I'd suggest building up your immune system as much as possible so plenty of vitamin c etc, fresh air and walking if possible. Are you on warfarin? If so you probably need to avoid certain foods but you'll need to speak to your medical team regarding that.

Are you having chemo too?

I know it's easier said than done but don't worry too much about your treatment, a lot of ladies feel perfectly normal through it all - just more tired than usual. I'd say take each day as it comes and adjust your needs accordingly xxx

Hi philleepa , thanks for taking the time to reply , I’m on innohep for the blood clots its simmilar to warfin , I’m back in the Hospital on Monday to do with the blood clots I’m hoping they can put me onto the tablet form of blood thinner , I don’t need chemo d reckon the radiotherapy should do the trick d said it’s more like an insurance policy after the surgery, I’m glad to hear ur treatment went well and I’m praying I feel the same I’ve 5 small kids at home so am hoping not be spending half of the day in the bathroom lol , thanks for the advice , Melissa x