Repeat Pap smear - 12 months later

Hi everyone,
12 months ago I had my first Pap smear that was high risk HPV detected, no cell changes. I was told to return for a repeat smear and see if it had gone (if not I would have to have more testing). I’ve just had a call from the doctor asking me to go in for the results and it’s very hard to try and not panic about what they will say, just wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom for managing this anxiety… I’m so thankful for this forum and for everyone being so kind to share their journeys’ :white_heart:

1 Like

Hey make sure you keep us posted on what the doctor says in sure everything’s fine :slight_smile: I had my smear on august and like I hpv no abnormal cells so I have to have my repeat one in august and dreading by that .let us no how you get on x

Hope all will come back good news for you… I’m HPV positive but no abnormal cells too . My next smear is in August… please let us know how you get on xx

Sending love and hugs xx

Update: Persistent HPV, I’m honestly devastated. I’ve been referred for a colposcopy in the next 3 months… feeling ashamed, worried and sad. Don’t know what to do anymore.

I’ve been told that HPV can take two years to clear from the body. Did you have abnormal cells this time? X