Recurrent Vain 3

Hi there

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong section but I have recurrent Vain 3.

After Colposcopy Dr discussed options, suggested Brachytherapy and wanted to know my thoughts, I was in a state of shock. My thought were that I wanted to run away.
I’ve already had a radical hysterectomy and wanted it to be over and done with.
I know it’s not because I have had watery bloody discharge since 2019 (apart from a couple of months after the hysterectomy) and its getting more bloody, sorry tmi.

At this point I just want to say a big thank you for all the posts mentioning watery discharge as up until quite recent I thought I was incontinent of urine .

I just can’t get my head around such aggressive treatment for pre-cancerous cells. I just want the bleeding to stop.

It’s such a lonely place to be, nobody wants to talk about vaginas and discharge and bleeding.

I can’t imagine how awful that must be for you. I have had watery discharge since lletz for a short few weeks and I could hardly cope with that.
I hope someone posts with similar experiences as I have seen other posts with VAIN on this site. Might be worth cutting and pasting in another forum too.
I agree, the stigma around all of this makes it worse.
All my love x

1 Like

Hi

I haven’t had ac similar experience to you but thought I would mention that, since you have VAIN 3, the Eve Appeal might also be a place for you to get information and support. The Eve Appeal covers all the gynae cancers; their website is: https://eveappeal.org.uk/

x

2 Likes

Hi Rebbecca 1965 and Jazza

Thank you for your kind messages and good advice, much appreciated xx

2 Likes