I have now had 7 abnormal smears (cin3 + lletz, cin 2 + lletz, cin 3 + lletz, cin 1, cin2, cin 2 + biopsy, cin1 & 2 + biopsy)
Normally i would have had a hysterectomy by now but due to an autoimmune disease and immunosuppressive drugs my body cannot clear the hpv (p16 +) and it just keeps attacking, the worry is if they take it away the cell changes would move to the vaginal wall which is much harder to treat plus i am at extremely high risk of getting a serious infection. Basically they have said im damned if i do and damned if i dont. Last meeting, the agreement was to watch and wait until it progresses and there is no choice but to go ahead with the operation. I am awaiting the end of month meeting outcome (smear - severe dyskayrosis and biopsy cin 1 & 2)
Has anyone else been in this situation? What was the outcome or choices.
Did anyone have the op and it did spread to the vaginal wall? What treatment do they offer for this?
I want to take a list of questions with me to my meeting.