really need advice

Hi I’m just after some advice to say I’ve been bricking it is an understatement.
I had my first smear in November and came back with mild abnormalities and positive for the HPV virus so I had to have a colposcopy and had a biopsy taken and would get the results in a few weeks so I didn’t worry to much untill I got a letter just after Xmas saying my results will be discussed in a meeting the 28/01/16 (today) and further treatment will be discussed then, but I don’t see why it needs to be discussed.
Has anybody else been through this what was the outcome in not sleeping worrying about it and the longer its been the more wound up in getting I’ve tried ringing but cant tell me anything.

Hi KatieLeigh, Sorry you are in such a stressful situation. Try not to worry –hard I know! I know my case got discussed at a multidisciplinary meeting twice, and it was because there was a mismatch/discordant results between my smear (abnormal) and my colposcopy/biopsy (normal). So they had to decide what was giving them the right information, the smear or the colposcopy. In my case, they went with the smear and decided to proceed to LLETZ even though they did not have confirmation of abnormal changes in the biopsies. There will be other reasons why they would take cases to the meeting, that was just my experience. Hope that helps ease the stress a little. Best of luck.