Radiotherapy planning

Hi all,
I have my appointment to plan my radiotherapy on Tuesday.  Can anyone tell me what to expect?  The nurse said it'd be 1-1.5 hours long.

x

Hey Sweetpea,

Mine didn't take that long I don't think. Not sure now I think about it!!

They got me to drink a jug (approx 500ml) of water within 5mins. Then wait 30mins for bladder to fill. While waiting we had a chat with a member of the team about consent, history etc & they checked I was me(they do this a lot!!) Then they did CT scan with contrast. Then I had to empty my bladder before they scanned again.When they start they mark skin with pen, once they are sure the marks are where they need to be they make them more permanent, a bit like a tattoo. I have three, 1 at the top of each thigh and another at top of bikini line.

I guess it probably did take that long!!!

Hope this helps

Rach x

Good luck Rachel for Monday and Sweetpea for Tuesday. I will be thinking of you both. I have just finished my treatment for 2B CC, and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding my diagnosis and treatment.

Big Hugs to you both xxx

Thanks Diane. Much appreciated xx

Thanks rachel - that's very helpful! Eases my mind when I know what to expect. I'm thinking of you xx

Diane - such wonderful nnews from you. I can't wait to be on the other side of this. Very apprehensive at the mo x