Radical hysterectomy, ovaries and lymph nodes

Hi, I was diagnosed on 1.11 and yesterday had surgery. It’s SO painful and I’m on all the drugs in hospital at the mo. Anyone been through this?

Dear Jagkjp,

I don’t have experience of this operation but there are ladies on here who have - I just wanted to send you a big virtual hug and reassure you that the pain will improve, but you’ve just had an awful lot done. Please don’t think twice about asking for more painkillers if it’s bad, and I hope you can get some sleep tonight, because that always helps. Xxx

1 Like

I had surgery just under 2 weeks ago. I was in a lot of pain at first and it took a while to get the right pain meds at the right times. They adjusted things for me and I got used to asking before things got too bad. Since being back home I’ve been able to slowly start dropping down the meds. It will take time but it does improve!

3 Likes

Hi jagkjp

I was diagnosed today & my consultant suggested this may be the way I’ll be going. Don’t be shy asking for what you need when you need it. All the best for a speedy recovery xx

1 Like

Hi Cricky, sending you hugs during this time, it’s a whirlwind of emotion, fear, anticipation, questions and generally very lonely I found. Thank you for your message, it’s nice to know there are other people out there to talk too xx

1 Like

How are you doing now purplecarrot? I am 6 weeks post op now and being able to drive again I’m hoping, albeit scared, to be able to get out and about more without being a burden on everyone around me x

1 Like

Please, message any time. I’m so far getting a lot out of talking with you all & it’s only the start.

I see you are a few weeks post op now. I hope you continue to feel better every day xx

1 Like

Sounds like you’re doing amazingly! I’m also doing ok, coming up to 8 weeks. I’ve not tried driving yet but have the past few weeks been slowly building up the walking. I took it really slow at first and didn’t go out much for the first month. I still get sore and quite swollen but I think that’s to be expected as we’ve had such major surgery.

Thank you you too, my ears are always open for a chat or listen x

1 Like

Bless you, the swelling and soreness is definitely awful. I’m scared to drive but REALLY want to just to go sit in a park and drink coffee, alone! Slow and steady steps really are the only way with this surgery. Sending healing hugs x

1 Like