Radical Hysterectomy... I DID IT!!!

am sure you will have noticed my crazy rants and major anxiety lead posts leading up to my surgery. Well I am one week post radical hysterectomy, and am doing really well! 
As everyone said- it was nowhere near as bad as my head conjured it up.

the first few days I slept and they are now nothing but a blur. I stayed in for 5 nights- and was so pleased to get home I must say! The worst big for me, aside from the hospital food (!!) was most definitely the anticipation. 
I am sore, and uncomfortable, but haven't really been in pain which has really sueprised me. Actually, I take that back- my first bowel movement was last night and that was pretty intense!! I was deep breathing for a good half an hour afterwards which had my husband in hysterics!! 

I struggle to sleep, mainly because I can't get comfortable- but am being very well looked after I must say! 
catheter out today, and although that was a huge relief.... I do miss not being able to pee in my comfy chair watching Netflix LOL!! 

To everyone that helped me during staging, and surgery wait- thank you. You're all amazing and have really made this feel far more doable than I ever imagined. 

I am very much looking forward to recovering fully- not trying to rush it at all, and taking each day as it comes... the only stress I have is waiting on pathology, which emotionally I am finding very difficult- but have everything crossed for that, and hope I can get back to 'normal' ... whatever that is! 
My concern for pathology is that my surgeon ended up taking an ovary, which wasn't planned. He is still pretty sure that I won't need further treatment, and says he took it as a precaution, and based on conversations with me to do whatever is necessary. He believes it is nothing sinister at all and in his words- he is 90% sure it won't be in lymph nodes. I just so hope he's right- certainly feel I've been through enough!! (Haven't we all!!) 

Relieved that part is over for one :) hope everyone is doing well.

Charlotte x

Hi charlotte 

Its so good to hear that you're at home and recovering well! Congratulations on making it through your surgery and finding it wasnt so terrible as you had feared! 

90% means that the odds are overwhelmingly in your favour and im sure I was given similar odds after my surgery too, but I remember not daring to hope. It is hard to remain hopeful and optimistic after a smear test, biopsy, and LLETZ in short space of time all coming back with the results I hadnt wanted to hear. So I think its normal to be bracing yourself at this point, but your surgeon sounds reassuring. Keeping everything crossed for you! Take it easy and be gentle with yourself x

Hi Charlotte

I am so happy to hear that your surgery went well and your recovery is going smoothly. 

I feel you on the first  post-GA poop, that is an experience one would wish never happened. Ha.

Wow I am glad to hear that, keep being well my friend

Hi Charlotte. 
Glad to hear you're recovering well, I'm 10 days post surgery and so pleased it's over, especially after having it cancelled the last time due to a high temperature! 

I must admit I'm surprised at how tired I am, granted I'm improving each day but just the smallest of walks from my living room to the kitchen wears me out! Hope you're managing ok. How much of a relief is it to have the catheter out?! 

Take Care 

xxx 

Hi Charlotte

I'm so glad your on the otherside and so begins the road to recovery. Youve done the hardest part now so take it easy on your recovery and accept every bit of help you can. 

Xx

Thank you all ❤️ Xxx