Pressure in pelvis after all clear

I was given the all clear in July after having stage 3C, the past 2 weeks I have a feeling like I need to wee constantly and a feeling of pressure on my bladder, I also have vaginal discharge since using dialators. I also have stabbing pains in my pelvis. I rang me CNS who said needing to wee and pain is normal after treatment but not about the pressure part. I have a consultation on Tuesday with my consultant just wondered if anyone else this sort of pressure feeling, this was one of symptoms when I was diagnosed. I feel like I know the answer I just don’t want to be palmed of by consultant, I’m not very confident, also if he try’s to tell me it’s normal after treatment, how do I get a second opinion.

When you say ‘all clear’ - do you mean ‘no evidence of disease’ - i.e. the tumour had gone? If this was the case in July then it’s not possible for you to have a substantial mass that is putting pressure on your pelvis in such a short space of time. It sounds to me (although I’m not medical) that this is something that was concurrent with your CC before and has returned. It sounds to me like cystitis, to be honest - I get that feeling of pressure in my bladder when I have cystitis, and the need to pee - but not always the pain on peeing, which gives it away. If I were to make a guess I would say you may have aggravated the urethra with the dilators, maybe the type of lubricant or not enough lubricant for the dilator, and have a bit of a urinary tract infection. Good that you’re getting a consultation on Tuesday. In the meantime, you might try using a different type of lubricant or more of it - I started with KY Jelly but was getting a bit sore so I changed to SYLK, which is plant based, and I feel much more comfortable.

I hope you can get this sorted quickly - maybe a GP consultation as well?

Just to add - I started getting a bit of discharge after starting to use the dilators, and was told this was normal. It’s the vagina keeping itself clean…

I do not have a UTI, I have done 2 tests this week, I had NED on the scan 1st of July over 9 weeks ago. I had an extremely agressive grade 3 rare clear cell cancer not the normal 1. I really hope you are right and it’s not a recurrence :woozy_face:, as to the dialators I use them in the bath so don’t use any lube. I’ll see what he says, I hope I am wrong :pray: thanks for replying xx

You poor thing - what a good thing you’ve got a consultant appointment coming up. You’re doing all the right things, and it’s obviously important that you get in touch with your team every time something’s not right. I hope there will be a simple solution for you and everything is okay. X

1 Like

Hi Jodz

I had a 9cm cyst grow on my ovary in 12 weeks.

It’s really good you have an appointment on Tuesday, see what they say first and if you don’t agree get a second opinion. I’m not sure how this works with the NHS though as I have this cover with work where you can seek a second opinion through our insurance scheme. I also know you can pay private and your consultant will send all your notes and scans to the consultant of your choice.

I have spent the last few days batteling to get an urgent blood test as I know that something isn’t right. You just have to keep on at them you know your body better than anyone.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi Jodz
It’s so hard mentally dealing with any new symptoms and having to do the waiting game again after going through treatment is the worst. I hope they are quick getting you some answers and that it’s unrelated to the cancer. Guess our brains immediately go to the worst case scenario but the treatment could have aggravated your bladder or be something totally unrelated so I will keep my fingers crossed that’s the case. You got this girl. X

1 Like

Hi Jodz
Just wondered if you got anywhere with your Consultant appointment? Sending positive thoughts x

1 Like

Hi Teghog

Yes so I had my appointment Tuesday, I seen my consultants registra and he was absolutely amazing and to be fair I was adamant he listen :joy:, so he did an internal and said all looks as it should yay, and it could be my bladder having spasm and shrinking from treatment, I said that may be possible but I need a scan to make sure and he absolutely agreed with me phew. I should here about a scan within a few weeks, then if that’s clear I’ll relax :woozy_face:

1 Like

Glad he gave you some reassurance and great that you can have another scan to put your mind at ease. Hope the bladder isn’t causing you too much issue x