pregnancy after cold knife cone(pregnancy and children mentioned)

HI,

I had a baby boy by c-section in july2012, I then had a cold knife cone in November of 2012. The results came back as CIN2/3 with clear margins. However I have a certain type of cells that can have skip lesions and was recommended for a hysterctomy in the future. I was told I could have another child. I am now 7 weeks pregnant and very nervous that I will not be able to carry the baby. I have read a lot of stories about babies being born early after cold knife cone. Does anyone have any experience with this? They are going to monitor my cervix but can't start until around 18 weeks. 

Thank you for any reassurance and advice. 

Hi Yankees,

Can understand your concern, however your consultant should be monitoring the length of your cervix ’ recommending at stitch to hold/support baby if required. There is another discussion topic on here ‘pregnancy after fine biopsy’ - may be some help there too.

I had same discussion with my consultant (for if I conceive in the future) and he was very calm and relaxed about it; I trust him 100%… Hope that might help? If you’re unhappy or scared you should discuss more with your midwife / consultant.

Lisa x x

Hi Yankees,

Can understand your concern, however your consultant should be monitoring the length of your cervix ’ recommending at stitch to hold/support baby if required. There is another discussion topic on here ‘pregnancy after fine biopsy’ - may be some help there too.

I had same discussion with my consultant (for if I conceive in the future) and he was very calm and relaxed about it; I trust him 100%… Hope that might help? If you’re unhappy or scared you should discuss more with your midwife / consultant.

Lisa x x

Hi Yankees,

How are you? Is the pregnncy going OK?

Did you see the other conversation on this topic? Toca had a healthy baby after a cone - maybe you could chat to her?

Hope you're OK.

Lisa