Postcoital bleeding CIN1 Doctors Have No Answers

I am hoping someone here might be able to help. I am 39 years old and have had consistent postcoital bleeding every time I have intercourse for the last 18 months. On investigation I was found to be HPV positive with CIN1 which as of last smear in January is still there.

I have seen 3 gynaecologists and colposcopy, and they all say that CIN1 does not cause bleeding. I have had two hysteroscopies, endometrial biopsy, endocervical canal biopsy, and ultrasound. All negative. I have changed my contraception from a mini-pill to Mirena coil. Nothing makes any difference to the bleeding, and no one can find the cause.

I have been treated twice in the past for cervical ectropion. Once 5 years ago, once last year at the same time as the CIN1 diagnosis. But I have been told that this is resolved and that it also is not the cause of my bleeding.

I am so frightened because the bleeding seems to be getting more prominent but all the consultants are telling me not to worry about it and that the only thing left if I can't live with it is hysterectomy. But this is very risky as I have other health problems.

I am wondering if anyone here has had similar bleeding alongside their CIN1, or if they have been treated but the bleeding has remained and is unexplained. I am due to go back to the consultant soon and I am at a loss as to what to ask for.

Thank you.