Post treatment aches and pains

Hi ladles
I was just wondering if any of you are having aches and pains following treatment.
I had RH & bi lateral oophrectomy 31.7.21. Followed by 5 weeks radio & 5 cisplatin.
Im back at work but have reduced my hours due to fatigue, and aches and pains.
I get pain in my hips, lower abdomen, lower back , right side groin and sonetines down my right leg .
I take co codamol daily which usually works but more recently ive been having to go to lie down in bed a lot. Not been able to go for any walks with hubby & dog and its reallu getting me down.
My last MRI was in Dec and there was no sign of anything to be concerned about.
Ive been in bed for a few hours and id hardly done anything this morning.
I feel like im going worse, not better.

Definitely, lots of aches and pains, especially in my back at night, left help and outer thigh and the cancer area. You are not alone

1 Like

I am exactly the same. I’m so glad it’s not just me as I was beginning to worry. I have put a bit of weight on recently too which won’t be helping so definitely need to address that. I’m on 37 but feel like a 90 year old, especially if I’ve been sat for more than half an hour! So stiff and aching hips, back and down my left leg!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
Ive also put on weight, this is due to not being active like i used to be. I feel like an old woman. Also menopause is hard ! I keep going word blind, forgetting why i walked into a room, or went upstairs, ive lost my confidence at work and just doubt myself all the time, and my face goes BRIGHT red like ive sunburnt with sunglasses on. I thought once id finished treatments and got NED everything would just go back to normal and could put it all behind me.
Didnt realise how much it would continue to affect me.
Ive spoken to CNS and had my appointment with oncology brought forward to Tuesday, hopefully ill feel a bit better after that.
Are you on HRT ? Which pain relief are you prescribed ?
Im on HRT Evorol 50 & take co codaml, amytriptyline, and have tramadol for if the others dont work, which sometimes happens,
Lets hope things will improve in time x

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to reply. X

Pain relief…none! I take paracetamol when it’s really bad. The oncologist just keeps telling me to keep active and it will get better. I’m on tibolone 2.5mg x

Really ? Youre doing amazing ! Oh my gosh i tried with paracetamol, it had absolutely no effect whatsoever. I couldnt function properly and was spending so much time in bed, resting as i couldnt do the basics without being in a lot of pain. i was getting really depressed so my GP prescribed me co codamol. The amytriptyline was prescribed by the consultant after a visit to the pain clinic / physio. X

1 Like

Hi ladies. I’m in the same boat and it only ever gets worse instead of better. My consultant just shrugs it off. I’ve been prescribed amitriptyline by my gp but so far its not helping. Had it increased to 20mg and been told to give it 6 weeks to see if it helps at all. I can’t take cocodamol or tramadol because of the tablets I take for radiation induced bowel disease, so really hoping the make a difference.

1 Like

Hi andrea oh thats not good, your consultant should be more understanding, and helpful. I saw mine yesterday he examined me, said hes not really worried about reoccurrence, but hes booked me an MRI and arranged for me to have a sigmoidoscopy. Thats as ive been having shooting pains up my bum, and mucus stools ( both new symptoms)
He also prescribed me vagirux vaginal pessary. He is really good, he reassures me but says unfortunately all the things im describing are late effects of the radiotherapy. Oh no im sorry to hear you have bowel disease from radiation, Is there no other pain relief they can offer you at all ?
X

12 months after treatment I could barely walk severe pain right across my lower back and coccyx and glutes. Doctors kept telling me it was Fibromyalgia I knew it wasn’t I kept persisting after 3 months of being in pain had a nuclear bone scan to find I had a fractured Sacrum not caused by trauma No signs of osteoporosis can only put it down to bone damage from radiotherapy. Keep pushing ladies until you get answers.[quote=“Lynzibelle, post:9, topic:56806, full:true”]
Hi andrea oh thats not good, your consultant should be more understanding, and helpful. I saw mine yesterday he examined me, said hes not really worried about reoccurrence, but hes booked me an MRI and arranged for me to have a sigmoidoscopy. Thats as ive been having shooting pains up my bum, and mucus stools ( both new symptoms)
He also prescribed me vagirux vaginal pessary. He is really good, he reassures me but says unfortunately all the things im describing are late effects of the radiotherapy. Oh no im sorry to hear you have bowel disease from radiation, Is there no other pain relief they can offer you at all ?
X
[/quote]

Oh god really ? How are things now for you ? I hope they have improved a little for you ?were they able to help with it in any way ?
I find the fatigue really hard to deal with also. Im tired out after doing nothing ( well its nothing in comparison to what i would do pre treatment) . Im drinking coffee throughout the day now but still shattered. Ive had to drop a day at work, due to this. None of this crosses your mind at the time of treatment as so focussed on getting rid of it, and would do anything to do it.
Dont get me wrong im SO glad to be NED 21 months later. I just didnt realise how much it would have impacted on my life. I expected me to just go right back to my life as before. Im hoping things will improve over time . Xx

Im doing ok now thank you. Im also still very fatigued its the gift that keeps on giving