Possible biopsy outcome?

Hi ladies, I'm new to this. I'm 28 my smear came back high grade dyskaryosis I had colposcopy on the 27th jan and a biopsy taken. I was told to wait 4 weeks for the results but can't stop worrying called the hospital today they said my results are back and I would get a letter once the dr had looked at them. I just woundered how long you ladies waited for yours or what the possible outcomes from a biopsy are??? I can't focus on anything at the moment :( 

thank you xxx

Hi ya, sorry you're going through this it's horrible isn't it. I was the same and so I called the hospital. They told me over the phone. It's worth asking them xx

Hi Nat86,

I had a biopsy done 5th December,  got my results the 16th December (although I received the letter later due to me moving house at the time)

I'm no expert and for the best advice ring up, they will answer any questions you have :)

From what I think I have learnt is that they will use the biopsy to determine what stage your cell changes are at, if any. and it's just a better and clearer picture for them.

Also, I think it's better than a smear as my smear came back borderline changes and biopsy CIN2..... But this just means change. Try not to worry, it's hard but try find something to occupy your time 

Let us no how you get on :)

Hi Nat86,

I had a biopsy done 5th December,  got my results the 16th December (although I received the letter later due to me moving house at the time)

I'm no expert and for the best advice ring up, they will answer any questions you have :)

From what I think I have learnt is that they will use the biopsy to determine what stage your cell changes are at, if any. and it's just a better and clearer picture for them.

Also, I think it's better than a smear as my smear came back borderline changes and biopsy CIN2..... But this just means change. Try not to worry, it's hard but try find something to occupy your time 

Let us no how you get on :)