Positive stories

Great to hear your doing well how did you get on with the treatment?
AMF

@AMF it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I had a hysterectomy in Dec ‘20 and had to have the adjuvant chemo rads because my histology showed two positive nodes. The main symptom for me was fatigue caused by radiotherapy and the day of chemo each week was the long haul. Steroids keep you wide awake. Other than that I was ok. Just rest when you need to. Be kind to yourself xx

1 Like

Thanks for the info good that you found it not too bad.
Fingers :crossed_fingers: it’ll be the same for me. Plan to take things easy and let others run after me!!

Take care xx

1 Like

Good luck x​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Well I have completed the first 2 weeks of treatment, it has passed quickly and so far no issues at all.

I know its a cumulative effect so things are most likely to change but at the moment feeling good physically and mentally.

Roll on week 3!!

4 Likes

Good to hear, AMF! Hope your next two weeks go as well. X

1 Like

I’m just popping on to say,its great to hear all this positivity.I have just had round 1 of chemo 5 days ago and had an awful week.Feeling so poorly and none stop crying.I need to feel more positive,so thankyou xx

3 Likes

Hi all thought I would post as I’ve almost finished my treatment. I managed 4 out of 5 chemo 5th one cancelled due to low platelets. 25 radiotherapy sessions completed and 1 out ofv3 brachytherapy completed.
I have felt very well all throughout the treatment a couple of issues with heartburn and a bit more tired than usual apart from that nothing much.
Had my 1st brachytherapy on Friday had to have platelet transfusion prior to treatment. Treatment went well no issues wasn’t in any pain again just felt very tired.
2nd and 3rd treatments on Wednesday and Thursday then I’ll be done, just can’t believe how quick it’s all been looking forward to not having to attend hospital everyday and getting life back to normal.
Will be scanned in 3 months to see how things have gone.
To everyone going through this you can do this and you will get there.
Look after yourselves xx

3 Likes

You’re nearly there, AMF! It is such a relief when the treatment is over. Not surprised you’re feeling rather tired if your platelets are low. I found the whole treatment exhausting and needed three units of blood, and then platelets before the brachytherapy - but it is all worth it for that ‘all clear’ we all hope for in 3 month’s time. We are keeping all fingers crossed for you. X

1 Like

Thanks Jacks all your posts have kept me going. Only a couple of treatments left. Doctor did say my tumour had reduced prior to the brachy so fingers :crossed_fingers:the 3 brachy sessions will finish it off!!

Hi!

There are also positive stories. A woman I know three years ago underwent surgery for cervical cancer and six courses of chemotherapy as an auxiliary treatment after surgery. Her pelvic lymph nodes and paraaortic lymph nodes were affected. The tumor was of a large size. The stage was 2B. Now she is in remission. I met a woman in the hospital. She had endometrial cancer 15 years ago. Now he is conducting control checks.

There is a Danish study on the cancer registry. There are women with 1-2 stages. Many of them live after treatment for cervical cancer for more than 20 years.

There is another woman I know. She has cervical cancer. She underwent surgery and adjuvant chemoradiotherapy. Four months after the treatment, she was found to have metastases in the stump of the vagina and lungs. After recediv, she was treated with 4 courses of paclitaxel+cisplatin. After that, the doctors prescribed her a course of immunotherapy - a three-year course of the drug Kirtruda. After Kirtruda, all the foci of cancer (visible on PET-CT) disappeared from her. The three-year course of Kirtrud ends soon. Then dynamic observation.

Another girl also had a recurrence of cervical cancer 17 months after surgery and adjuvant radiation therapy. There were multiple foci in the lungs. She underwent chemotherapy with cisplatin+carboplatin. Now she is undergoing a three-year course of immunotherapy with the drug Kirtruda (Pembrolizumab). Its foci are decreasing. Doctors say that the dynamics are positive.

The most memorable case is the story of a young woman named Diana. She has two beautiful children and a kind husband. She was treated for stage 3B cervical cancer in Omsk in 2017. She underwent a course of chemoradiotherapy. Soon after the treatment, she had many complications. Doctors gave her a colostomy, a nephrostomy (there were other serious complications). Three years after the completion of treatment, she developed a relapse. Omsk doctors prescribed her chemotherapy, which did not help her. She was not offered immunotherapy. Doctors considered her palliative patient! She went to Moscow. The doctors examined her. Then the medical council thought for a whole week whether to prescribe her a course of immunotherapy or not. Someone thought she was a palliative patient. Someone suggested trying a drug for immunotherapy. As a result, they still started a course of immunotherapy. A year later, a PET CT scan found no signs of cancer in her! Now she has hope to remove the colostomy and nephrostomy!