PLEASE PLEASE HELP....ANYONE!!

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, ive been diagnosed with CC stage 1B2 had the mri etc was told having a trachelectomy then it changed and i had another cone biopsy the edges wre clear and now they want to do a laparascopic lymph node removal....does anyone know why this could be? will i have further surgery? im so confused and all this waiting is just driving me insane!!!!! I'd appreciate any feed back at all, ivesearched the web far and wide and cant seem to find any answers.

Thnaks

K x

Hi Kate :-)

1 - Stop Googling immediately! If Google has led you here then that's great, go no further.

2 - Can you not get some more detailed information from your medical team?

I'd love to be able to help you further but I am no doctor and it is your doctor's job to answer your questions.

Be lucky

Tivoli

hi.

thanks for replying, i know i shouldnt be googling it's never a great idea!! ive got an appointment tomorrow it just seems so far away, i was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on it for me 

K x

Hi Kate,

With most cancer diagnosis the normal procedure is to remove the surrounding lymph nodes as both an investigative and proventative measure. It's part of the protocol they have to follow, to be doubly sure they keep you healthy. The team will be able to make sure no cells have travelled to the lymph nodes which could, eventually move further around the body. Of course that's the worst case scenario but they have to check when you're diagnosed.

Every person and hospital is a bit different in how they do things, for instance mine would only do abdominal surgery so no keyhole for me!

It really is a stressful time especially when you have a few twists and turns on the way, but tomorrow will come soon enough. Just go in armed with a list of questions so you don't forget anything.

Sounds like they have caught it early anyhow with choosing the cone so I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Take care xx

Hi Kate

How did you get on? Hope you got some answers xx