Please help..!! Worried sick.

Hi everyone, 

I am due to have the LLETZ treatment hopefully on Tuesday 30th May, however I think I will be on my period. Does anyone know if they will still do it as I really can't delay anymore.. The wait so far has been unbearable... I have been told I have CIN3. 

More worring is that I have had heavy discharge and a few times I have bleed between periods over the last 2 years... Stupidly I just thought these things might just be down to stress or The pill...

I honestly didn't think they could be linked to CC. I am fearing the worst and think I am going to die... My anxiety is though the roof... 

If anyone can tell me there experience so far I would love to hear from others going through the same thing. 

Bekah. xx

Hi bekah1986

I will tell you my story and hope it will help you get rid of your fear a little bit. The story is long so let's start. Since the beginning of this year I started to have health problems...feeling very nauseous and having bad stomach pain. I've got to the point where I couldn't eat anything and lost a lot of weight, developed depression because of constant pain and nausea. Did some tests and found out that I have hiatal hernia (stomach is pushing through diaphragm into thoracic cavity) so changed my diet and started to do acupuncture which helped. I was finally so happy that my stomach is not in so much pain and I could eat and go on with my life when, a "monster letter" came through post, letting me know that I have high grade (moderate) dyskaryosis and that an appointment with colposcopy clinic has been made for me and I should receive a letter with the appointment date. I immediately went to google and found the meaning of dyskaryosis and was petrified. I couldn't think of anything else but the probability of cancer and that I might not see my infant daughter grow up. I was crying since than every day. I started to notice that I have back pain and pain in my lungs (don't even want to say what was I imagine....advanced spread C word!). Living in hell every day I was frightened of what at the colposcopy they might find. Finally the colposcopy day! I went with my husband and daughter because I was shaking with fear (not of the procedure but of the outcome). Everything went well, the lady who did the colposcopy was very nice, she explained what she was doing and told me that she agrees with the smear result but cannot guarantee that I don't have cancer. So, I went home having period like pain and bloody discharge after LLETZ which lasted a couple of days. Now the real nightmare started...I was waiting for the results thinking the worst, googling nonstop in hope to find some reassurance. This is how I found Jotrust. Reading through the messages I managed to calm myself a little but still the fear of the worst wouldn't let me go on with my life. It is like your life stops and you feel so much fear and frustration and you just can't believe what is happening to you. This is how I felt all this time. I wouldn't wish this even to the worst ever human being. So after about a week and a half of waiting, I received the results! I was shaking when opening the letter. All I could see was CIN1 and CIN2 and no cancer!!! I was so happy and relieved like never in my life! I know my story is long but just wanted to touch every aspect of what I was living and how affected I was, going through all this process. Even now I am still recovering from all this stress. At the end I just want to encourage all you ladies who are going through the waiting process. There is a happy end and it happens a lot more often than we think. Sending a lot of love and compassion to you all. Take care of yourselves and of your nerves. Big huggs!

Hi Olga, 

Thank you very much for your detailed reply... Sound like you really did have so much going on... 

i am so very pleased to hear that your story has a very positive happy ending... I hope mine alone with everyone else's does too... 

I just wish I could shake off this anxiety... It is litrally killing me and very painful for my husband to watch too... 

Like yourself I have all of those thoughts... I have got the big C everywhere as I've got a hoarse voice and have had for around 8weeks I've got pain in my chest and neck... My husband says these are all linked to my anxiety but I'm convinced it everywhere... 

I only have a few more days to go now until I can ask more questions... and be closer to the outcome... 

Did you have any classic CC symptoms Olga..?? I think that is what is scaring me the most as I have ignored symptoms not knowingly but nevertheless ignored them... 

xxxx

Oh dear! I am so sorry to hear what you are going through and I totally understand how you feel right now. My husband used to say the same thing...that all is because of my anxiety or worse...that it is all in my head and that I am creating all of these symptomes with my thoughts. Part of it might be true...but that needs to be investigated firs, otherwise there will be no peace of mind. Regarding the question if I have had CC symptomes - I had lower back pain (well...still do) and a month before the smear I had spotting just after having my period. That is the reason I eventually went to have a smear...so you can immagine how worried I was when the result came as high grade dyskariosis. I know that nothing that I or anybody else will tell will not bring you a complete peace of mind just think that soon you will know what is going on. Try and think that in the majority of cases it is just CIN2 or CIN3 and that can be easily cured. Also, I would advise you to start and take some vitamin C, folic acid and beta carotene tablets. I have read that they are very good for cervical dysplasia. You need to bust your immune system to keep these cells away from your cervix and from your entire body as well. Take care of yourself and stay strong...it will go away...nothing is forever especially bad things....