Planning appointment

Hello ladies
I had a radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago, I’m feeling much better but still very swollen and get tired easily.
I have a planning appointment tomorrow as I will be starting chemoradiation 11rh October.
My treatment will be for 5 weeks, radiotherapy mon-fri and cistaplin once a week every Wednesday for 5 weeks.
I just wondered if anyone has recently completed, or is currently having the same treatment?
I just wondered how it will be ? I know everyone is different, and won’t have the same side effects but it would be good to hear from someone who had recent experience of it
Thank you
X

Hello there. I have had this exact treatment. I had radical hysterectomy in December. Started chemo and radio in Feb. 25 radiotherapy sessions and completed 5 chemo cisplatin sessions followed by 3 brachytherapy. It wasn’t as bad as I’d imagined it to be. I just felt very tired ( it reaches a peak toward the last couple of weeks). The worst thing for me was being kept awake at night when on the steroids they give you. But otherwise I felt I coped ok. Be kind to yourself. Rest when you need to. Think positive. X :+1::fist_left:

Hiya
Thanks for your reply, it’s really helpful to hear from someone who’s going / been through the same thing.
We’re you able to take yourself to and from appointments ?
It’s around a 30 min drive for me.
Good to hear it wasn’t as bad as you were thinking… i will definitely rest as much as possible.
Did you have any other side effects ? The information they give you to read has so many ! It’s really worrying and I’m imagining allsorts.
Trying my best to be positive and I hope to feel better after tomorrow’s appointment when I know what’s what
X

I was “lucky” that I live only a 15 minute walk from the hospital where I was having the treatment. Perhaps you’ll feel ok the first couple of weeks but you might find you’ll need someone to collect you on the days where you start to feel more tired. See how you go. Everyone is different. You could ask the hospital at your planning appt what they’d advise. Some hospitals provide patient transport. Let me know how you get on. Best of luck! Xx

Thank you
I’ll see what they say today. I rang the CNS last week to discuss and see what she thought, but I haven’t had a call back yet.
X