Petrified

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer yesterday. I've no idea yet of the stage. The only symptom I've had is occasional bleeding after sex. I'm waiting on an mri scan and a hysterectomy. I'm so scared. 

Hi lovely 

I didn't want to read and run as I really do understand that fear and I wanted to just say that this forum is an amazing place to share your feelings and worries and questions. It has got me through the last month.

It's such a shock at first but as things start to progress with scans and stuff you will start to accept it and feel more focused on what you need to do, and it's rarely as bad as how you will imagine it in your head.

Im a bit rubbish at what to say but if you need anything you feel free to drop me a PM. I hope you find this forum as comforting as I do.

take care xx

Hi, you've definitely come to the right place for support/reassurance... it took me a few days after diagnosis to find this forum, when I did, I spent many hours reading through posts and many helped put me at ease & helped instill some kind of positivity/strength at such a very bizarre time!!

Feel free to PM if you ever need a sounding board. Fingers firmly crossed they've found it early and it's easily treatable. I echo Rubyshoes re I'm not that great with what to say, however, what Rubyshoes wrote was perfect and very true re this Forum xx

How are you doing today, a few days on?

Were here for you x

Hi!

I got my diagnosis mid January, had my mri and ct last week. Can relate with what you're feeling. I honestly think no matter what treatment is to come nothing's gonna be as mentally rough as these weeks when all you know is that it's there. Not knowing the stage or spread is very rough. Every time my head goes to a bad place I try and focus on planning the "I'm cancer free" party I'll throw, in hopefully just a few months. 

Hello, I have just found your post and wondered how you were getting on now.

It is as though I had written it I too found out yesterday I have cervical cancer. I am going for a mri scan tomorrow and I am petrified of what they will find. I am so scared and my mind constantly goes to the worst place.

I really hope you are getting on well. Xxx

Hey. My heart goes out to you as I know first hand how scary and upsetting this is. I had MRI and RH on the 23rd February. Was staged at 1B1, no further treatment is needed, they are confident that the RH got rid of the cancer. Just regular scans for the next few years to make sure it doesn’t come back. If you ever need a chat please feel free to message me. Take care xxx

1 Like