Persistent low changes - will they give me a LLETZ?

Hey everyone,
So all my smears since first having them have been HPV+. After last year’s one, I had a colposcopy. The colposcopist advised for us to wait 12 months as it might clear up. However, after this year’s smear test back in July, it was confirmed I am still HPV+ with low grade changes. I have been waiting 6 weeks for my colposcopy (finally happening tomorrow) but I really don’t want to be pushed away to wait again when it clearly isn’t clearing up.
It says on this website & NHS that if the colposcopist is 100% they can see cell changes, they can treat it there & then. I’m confused though, how can they not be certain when I’ve had letters to say that I do have cell changes? I just want them to do the LLETZ tomorrow & be done with it. Can I just ask for them to do it? I’d rather this not drag out for months on end as me & the fiancé are looking to conceive soon.

1 Like

They will get biopsies if they see acetowhite areas else if there is something that looks like CIN 2/3 they will do lletz at once. So, do not worry, you will know tomorrow! Good luck <3

1 Like