Period before LLETZ

Hi everyone, I’m not really sure why I’m messaging here, I’m just a bit frustrated and upset. I had a colposcopy in Feb and they found cin3 severe dyskariosis. There was a 3 month wait for LLETZ and I wasn’t given much information so I was quite worried about it.
I’m due to go in on Wednesday morning and my app said my period was due on Thursday, which was cutting it fine. Instead my period decided to surprise me and turn up 4 days early this morning! I called colposcopy and they said to wait until weds but if I’m still bleeding they won’t be able to do it.
I’m so gutted, I’ve waited 3 months and just wanted it over and done with. Has anyone else had this happen? I can’t wait another 3 months. I’m really not sure what to do.

Hi everyone, just thought I’d post an update.

I called colposcopy and spoke to a lovely nurse who called lots of patients and managed to get someone to swap appointments with me.

I had LLETZ treatment this morning for CIN3 and I was extremely nervous beforehand.
Just wanted to reassure everyone that it’s not that bad. I didn’t even feel the injections and the treatment itself was a bit strange like someone lightly poking me but that was it. What really helped me was the nurses and doctor talking to me and just thinking about other things. It was over so quickly.

I also took paracetamol about 1.5 hours beforehand and wore a long loose skirt so that I’d be comfortable.

I think it’s natural, but I worried a lot over nothing. Now I’m going to forget about the results and deal with that when it comes.

Hope anyone else waiting for LLETZ finds this helpful.

2 Likes

Hi Little Sparrow,

So glad for you that is done and dusted. Everything crossed that this will be an end of item and the LLETZ is successful. You’ve got exactly the right attitude and have done all the right things to prepare. We can never know what the future holds; it’s not good beating up on yourself before the fact - forget about the results and whatever the outcome deal with it when it comes. You will never have the strength to have to deal with things until you have to deal with them. Then it’s amazing what you can do! X