Pembrokeshire

Hi everyone hope this is ok to post but I’m just wondering if there is anyone on this forum from Pembrokeshire, Wales…I’ve looked at the the support groups as would really like to have the company of someone who is also on the same journey as me that lives local but they are all in big city’s and miles away from me so thought I’d just ask if there is anyone… hope you don’t mind
Kay x

Hi Kay,

just stumbled across your posts. I'm from Caerphilly just outside Cardiff. diagnosed last week with cc.

was wondering what your results from the MRI were? I was staged 1a1 had an MRI yesterday and will find out Friday what has happened.

xx

Hi...looks like I will be heading to Cardiff for my op if that's what hey go with! I'm still waiting for my results from MRI and ct scan...they aren't having mdt meeting until next Wednesday (15)  I'm guessing they won't tell me results until that meeting is over with and they have a decision on which is the best way to go forward with my treatment...the waiting is so hard! Today I'm having a positive day but yesterday I just cried all day! Did they tell you that they thought you were stage 1a1 just from your biopsy alone? You sound like they are letting you know each bit as you go along as down here I don't have a clue when I'm likely to hear or what's going to happen next and this is what's stressing me out! 

Xx

Hi.

I'm secora. Am in Cardiff.

My treatment starts Monday I have cc.

Be nice to be in contact with people in my area.

Everyone is so lovely on here.

Welcome to the site

Secora xx

Hi.

How are you?

Am secora from Cardiff.

Also been diagnosed with cc

I start some treatment Monday

Secora x

Hi Ladies,

Just in case you weren't aware I just wanted to let you know that we do have a support group based in Cardiff, which can be a great way to meet other ladies in the local area who are living with or beyond a cervical cancer diagnois. If you would be interested in attending you can register for the group here and then Sarah our Cardiff group leader will be able to get in touch with you to introduce herself and the group.

Best wishes

Fran 

Hi Thankyou fran for the info however sadly  Cardiff is a 2 hour drive from Pembrokeshire..but may be heading up your way for my hysterectomy.

kay x

Hi did request to join before no one got back to me tho

Xx

Hi Kay, I do apologise I hadn't realised Cardiff was so far away from you. If you wanted to attend as a one off or on an ad hoc basis that wouldn't be a problem at all. If you just wanted to talk things through with someone our helpline is always there for you too.

Hi Secora, I am so sorry to hear that no one got back to you. I have checked our records and can't see your registration. Would you mind registering for the group here - https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/support-groups/register-for-a-support-group and then we can pass your details over to Sarah who runs the group and she will be able to get in touch with you to introduce herself and give you more details about the next meeting. 

Best wishes

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Is there any support groups in a South Cumbria? We have local ones but a CC group would be a big help to me.

Many Thanks

Flo xx

Hi Flo, 

Unfortunately I think the nearest group to South Cumbria would be our Leeds group, but I know that would be quite away for you to travel. However if you are interested in attending please do register and we can pass your details on to the group leader. 

Although they are not necessarily that close to you we are also running 2 patient information days this year one in Birmingham (Mini Meet) and one in London (Let's Meet). The information days are open to women and their partners, family or friends affected by cervical cancer. It is a great opportunity to meet others with similar experiences in a friendly, relaxed and supportive environment and there will be a range of workshops on the days too. You can find out more here - https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support

If there is anything else I can help with please do just let me know

best wishes

Fran 

Hi Fran, 

Thanks for your reply.

I think we will try & attend the Let's Meet in London this year. Would be beneficial for my husband too.

Will look into that & any other info on the link you have provided.

Thank you 

Flo xx

Hi i live in ceredigion and i too would like to speak to someone in the same position so get in touch please Anni x

Hi Anni,

The closet group we have to Ceredigion would be our Cardiff group, although from looking on a map I can see that it isn't neccessarily that close by. However if you would be interested in attending the group please do register and we can forward your details on to Sarah who runs the group. https://www.jostrust.org.uk/support/support-groups/wales/cardiff-cervical-cancer-support-group

Alternatively if you would like to speak to someone directly you can call our helpline which is open every week day. It is run by wonderfully supportive trained volunteers who have either personal or professional experience of cervical cancer or cervical abnormalities. 

If there is anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes

Fran 

Hi annie where abouts in Ceredigion? Not too far from me in pembs hopefully x