Pap Test Results - Endocervical Adenocarcinoma in situ (child briefly mentioned)

Hi Ladies,

This is my first post, so please bear with me. I hope I'm able to make a contribution here. I've had regular pap smears every two years like clockwork. I am 31, married with one child. I have never received an abnormal pap result. Until 48 hours ago.

Diagnosed with Endocervical Adenocarcinoma in situ - first up. Do not collect $50, do not pass Go!

Is it rare for someone to be diagnosed with this by way of pap smear? Surely the pathology would need to be bang on the money, yes?

I underwent the colposcopy and biopsy yesterday, to confirm the smear results.

But, I'm guessing we are all sadly familiar with the drill. 

Btw, there is no family history of cervical cancers. However, my identical twin has secondary liver cancer, which originated in her breast late 2010.

Just really wanting to say "hi" to everyone and to have a bit if a natter. 

News just in.

Colp & biopsy confirmed adenocarcinoma. Cone on Monday. 

Hiya, so sorry to hear your news, you sound like a fighter though and I hope everything goes well for you!!

Can I ask some advice, when you went for the colposcopy and smear did they know from looking at your cervix something was wrong?? Or did u have to wait for biopsy results?? 

The reason I ask is I've been having abnormal bleeding and discharge etc for a while so was referred for a colposcopy which I had today, the Dr said the outside of my cervix looked fine but when he poked around the inside the opening I bled quite a bit so he took a smear. So a bit backwards way of doing it but I'm not due my smear till next year which so he did one then to check. He said I should know my results within 2 weeks.

Sorry! Just realised this is from 2014! Still hope you're doing well!