Pain in my bottom

Hiya the last few months when I sit down I get pain in my bottom and every morning when I wake up I have so much pain in my stomach and in my lower pelvic area and feeling tired anyone else had these symptoms 5 years post cc

Had chemo and radiotherapy and brackey

I’ve noticed you posted this few months after being discharged from cancer care, and no updates after. I hope you are well. Sending love.xx

1 Like

Hello thankyou for contacting me im doing ok still have the pains and i dont think they will ever go doc thinks its down to the treatment i have had hope your well too xxx

1 Like

I’m really happy you’re well considering the side effects and still continue to thrive. You inspire a lot of us here. :heart:

Hi @Leanne_gilfillan sounds like radiation procitis. I have this as well, it causes pain in rectum and bleeding and mucus from ur bottom. And a feeling like ur not finished when u have a bowel movement, like ur rectum is still full. It can start any time after treatment, even several years later. Ask for a referral to gastroenterology, they will be able to help. X

Hi @Andrea138 ,

Thanks for coming on here. I am experiencing blood on my stools and it started almost a year after treatment. It’s on and off. Did it ever stopped for you?

In case you’re not already aware, the pelvic radiation disease association (PRDA) offer a lot of information and support for long term effects of pelvic radiotherapy:

https://www.prda.org.uk/

x

2 Likes