pain after lletz

I had lletz on Wednesday as my biopsy came back as cin3....although the nurse had said from looking it looked more like cin1-2.

I had a bit of period type pain on Friday and Saturday and had a bath which eased the cramps.

I woke up yesterday (sunday) with swollen glands/sore throat and had a bit of lower back pain similar to pre period pain. 

I had another bath today as I just felt awful with cramps and feeling a bit weird. Read through my colposcopy booklet

and realised it said to not have a bath for 2 weeks after the procedure. I don't know if I've caused an infection by sitting in the bath.

the discharge has been a bit whiffy for the past few days.....kind of like what your waters smell like. And it's been a bit gritty which I had expected anyway.

Anyone else experienced something similar?

Hi there 

Yes I have experienced similar .I had the bad smelling discharge exactly as you described . Also with this was pain in my lower back, stomach cramps  but I also had pain in my legs and felt out of sorts ..  I would advise maybe to speak to your doctor or hospital as any bad smell and in my case heavy bleeding could be a sign of infection . Don't ignore it like I did :-( it may be that you may need some antibiotics . 

It's awful not having a bath but I stuck to the booklets advice and actually didn't bathe for quite a few weeks just to be on the safe side and had showers instead.

I hope this has helped a bit and that you feel better soon 

X

Sounds like an infection to me. Maybe phone the hospital for advice or make an appointment to see GP.

Hope you feel better soon x