One Week Post LLETZ Operation

Hello Everyone,

I’m new here and this is my first post. I’ve read a lot of the issues on the forums here and I love to see all the support everyone shows each other.

I had the LLETZ procedure under general anesthetic last Monday (so a week tomorrow) and I am feeling a lot better now but it has taken me a long time to get over the anesthesia. I have been so drained and exhausted and am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? I have not had much bleeding, its all stopped which is lovely and just a little discharge now. I am still feeling awfully tired though, I’m sure its all normal after surgery but I would love to hear from any of you lovely ladies in the same boat.

Thank you in advance. Georgie x

Hi Georgie,

I had the same fatigue, anesthesia/the procedure is a a lot to go through and soon you will feel like yourself again. Get lots of rest, drink water, take vitamins and eat well. Your body will recover quickly this way.

Take care :)

Hi Holly,

Thanks so much for that reply. It has made me feel a lot better about things. Since my post I have actually been a lot more active - I did have to go to the doctor to get checked out and I do have an infection but that seems to be clearing up nicely.

Have a very Happy Christmas and I wish you all the best in the New Year.

Georgie x

Hi George may

I had mine on Monday and still feeling a bit groggy was wondering if it was just me......

I haven't had any bleeding as yet.....it's been 5 days....is this normal?

Hi sarah,

Im so sorry for not seeing this message sooner! I would have said yes I think it is fairly normal to not bleed straight away. I didn't seem to bleed much at all. It just depends on the person I suppose! 

But now it's a few weeks later how are you feeling? I felt groggy for a while after the op, took me a while to feel myself properly again. Now it's been just over 4 weeks and I feel like nothing happened! 

I hope you are doing well.

Georgie x

Thanks for the reply

Yh 4 weeks on and I too feel like nothing happened....just waiting for results now

X

hello was wondering if anyone could give me abit of advice, I'm booked in for  LLETZ procedure under general anesthetic on the 21st, I'm due to go back to work on the 24th. is that to  soon or will it be ok? x