On the flip side

I have read many of the posts here and it saddens me to hear how relationships have crumbled. I am on the flip side of the coin though. I am a guy. I started seeing a lady a couple of months ago that was just diagnosed with cervical cancer. We are in a long distance relationship so it adds that much more difficulty to the situation. We hit it off right off the bat. Talking every night on the phone for hours. Then getting to go visit her for a few weekends, we had such a great time together. Everything was going great. Then the news of the cancer. Before the cancer was detected, I would send her hand written letters and little homemade gifts and flowers (still do). However, once she was diagnosed, she sent me a text saying she just could not attempt to be in a relationship right now. I continue to send her letters and flowers because I do not want her to give up on us. I care very deeply for her, but she is pushing me away. To protect me from having to go through this with her? To protect herself, thinking I am just going to bolt? On one hand, I want to respect her decision and just back off at least for now, but on the other hand, I want to demonstrate and prove to her that I am not giving up on her or US! That I am going to be there for her.  I know the road ahead is not going to be easy for her (or me for that matter) and I really want to be there for her. What to do?

Hi Murville, 

It is kinda sad with the current situation you and your gf is going through, but on the lighter side - it is good to hear that you are there for her no matter what. Well, it aint easy to accept the diagnosis especially on an emotional state...all i can advise is for you to hold on and she will feel the care and love. Eventually she will accept it lightly - i hope so...It is difficult to take things positively especially that cancer is involved..but miracles do happen. Just let he be happy and it will help..

Praying for positivity...

Regards...