Odd pain and bloating 2 weeks after biopsy

Hi,

2 weeks and 1 day ago I had a colposcopy and biopsy. I had the ”normal” pains and bleeding afterwards, the pains slowly faded. This week however, I have a real odd pain in my pelvic and stomach region. It’s like a ”pressure” and that region is seriously bloated, it feels hard to touch. 

My results came back clear but they said my cervix was quite inflamed which could mean an infection, which they assumed may be herpes (i was seriously panicking and ashamed at this news, despite never ever having any sores or symptoms) . My first thought was to go to the sexual health clinic and get a full screening. The consultant here tested me but also commented that there is no link between my symptoms and herpes and she was quite frustrated at the vague news I’d been given by gynae. 

The sexual health consultant said she was going to call the Dr who looked at my biopsy and ask exactly what he had seen and give me a call back when she finds out, but I haven’t heard anything (I only went today, so trying to not be impatient) 

Another note to take is that I’ve had loose stool all week, the consultant remarked that it may just be an upset stomach causing the bloating and soreness. But to me it feels very unlikely, the tenderness of my bloated pelvic region is just too much to be caused by stomach pain.

Oh, also I do not have any smelly discharge, so an infection from my biopsy has been ruled out.

Has ANYONE been through anything similar? :( 

Hello

i had a biopsy took last Friday and getting a full pain aswell, I thought it was all in my head with all the worry I’m also suffering from burning up in the night I never had before, just waiting on results, hope everything goes well 

hi. i had my biospy last.monday had spotting and pains in my pelvis ever since then but it comes and goes all the time. but when a use heavy machienery at work. and that causes pain. am waiting on my results. she said mine was inflammed as well as pouting but also said theres adnornal cells that she could see but might need treatment as soon as a get my results.

Hi Emily. 

Wow I am exactly the same but 3 weeks after biopsy. I've got CIN1 and LEEP procedure on Sunday to remove as I tested positive for HPV. 

The only difference is i'm still having weird discharge. A little post coital pinkish discharge and then i've had 2 lots of skin type gooey stuff come out of me TMI - sorry! And then yesterday it was like ovulation discharge, mucus-sy and beige in colour - elastic - gross! 

Called gyno (private clinic as I live in Dubai)  and he said 'the sooner we get the procedure done the better' which has worried me. 

Have you heard anything or had a diagnosis? 

Hi,

I realise this is an old post and so maybe I won't get a reply...

But I was wondering Emily if you ever got to the bottom of your symptoms? Only that's EXACTLY what I'm going through now. Colposcopy and biopsy 2 weeks ago, bled/spotted for a week after. But now, no bleeding, no discharge to speak of, but a really 'heavy' feeling in my lower abdomen with constant dull 'ache'. I've also been feeling some aching in my legs. Otherwise feel fine.

Hi Mrs Ben, I'm experiencing the same thing as you. 

I've had a "dull" pain in my abdomen and I am over two weeks post colposcopy biopsy. The pain is in my right abdomen and almost feels like it moves around. I've also had some weird leg pain in my right side. My doctor first thought I had a UTI and prescribed me Macrobid but I didn't get better, ended up going to ER because I was so freaked out and they said everything was normal. I went to my GP who thought I might have a pelvic infection and I'm almost done with my antibiotics but still not feeling better. Any updates? 

Hi Mrs.Ben, I'm experiencing the same thing as you. 

I've had a "dull" pain in my abdomen and I am over two weeks post colposcopy biopsy. The pain is in my right abdomen and almost feels like it moves around. I've also had some weird leg pain in my right side. My doctor first thought I had a UTI and prescribed me Macrobid but I didn't get better, ended up going to ER because I was so freaked out and they said everything was normal. I went to my GP who thought I might have a pelvic infection and I'm almost done with my antibiotics but still not feeling better. Any updates?