Not sure what to do

Hi guys :) 

last Christmas I had a lletz done to remove cin3 and was due a follow up smear in June. By the time I went to my Dr they couldn't fit me in until mid July but I couldn't go as I was on holiday. Since being on holiday (20th July) there has not been one day that I haven't been spotting. I think this may be due to recently coming off the injection and my hormones being all over the place. I have been given a new date for my smear which is this Thursday and have also been given tablets to stop the bleeding but they haven't worked. Is it possible to still have a smear done when spotting? I really don't want to have to do it but if needs must as I'm already 3 months late for the follow up and it's playing on my mind x 

I had same thing go to doctors and ask them for contraception like the pill to stop the spotting. I did this and it stopped in few days as I think it is difficult to get an accurate smear when spotting xx

Thank you I was thinking next step maybe to go back on the pill see if that will at least stop it enough to have my smear x