No signs of active cancer

Hi ladies! I’ve been lurking on Jo’s for about a year now since I was diagnosed with stage 2b Cc. I finished treatment just over 3 months ago and had my first post treatment consultation today… no visible signs of active cancer!!! I’m so relieved, but also a little apprehensive as my consultant seemed very wary when I expressed my joy at the news. He kept emphasising that he needs to keep a close eye on me as it’s still early days. I had 5 weeks of chemo rads, and I was supposed to have 4 sessions of brachytherapy but due to a massive fibroid they couldn’t get the equipment in and so I had 10 extra sessions of external beam. I was just wondering if anyone else has been unable to have the brachy? I want to be happy that things are looking up but my consultant had the look of doom when I was talking to him! x

1 Like

Hi @OldRed

I had a pulmonary embolism from chemo the night before I was due to go for brachy so couldn’t have it. I did get a Ned result at my 3 month check up, but my consultant was very cautious about it as there could have still been cancer cells not able to be seen on scans. I was also 2b. I had 7 extra boost sessions of external radio.

My cancer recurred within 9 months unfortunately, so I hope you are luckier than me! x

1 Like

Hi Lilypingu, thank you so much for your reply! I’m so sorry that your cancer returned, how are you doing now? I see from your profile that you were able to have surgery?
Yes I think my consultant is concerned about rogue cancer cells too. I guess there’s nothing I can do though except wait and see, and try to stay as fit and healthy as I can in the meantime x

1 Like

Hi-yes, I was lucky enough to qualify for surgery thank goodness and I’m doing fine thanks. Hopefully you’ll be absolutely fine and you’ll be getting regular check ups so hopefully anything untoward would be picked up quickly as it was for me. x

1 Like