NO letter after LLETZ

Posted previously about this but i havent managed to find someone with a similar experience who can put my mind at rest :(

CIN 3 after smear Nov

LLETZ DEC 13th 2013

Following this i have received no letter in the post but a text message saying an appointment had be made 3/01/2014 3 weeks after my treatment. I then rang the hospital about this text message and was told that i needed to discuss my results with the consultant!! :'( 

what i want to know is - what could this poss mean? what are they going to do now?? I received the message Friday with a whole week to wait!!! very silly of me i know but i just expected that that would be it, smear in 6 months time. 

Someone please help and tell me your experience - follow up appt after 3 weeks - what happened?? why was your appointment so early?? just so i have some idea and am not going in to a consultation blind :,( 

xxxx 

Hello Kimbo .  The fact that the hospital wouldn't give you the results means nothing, don't let that worry you.  They cannot give you the results! Simple as! It is proper procedure for the consultant to give you the results personally.  

Hopefully it will be a routine consultation just to discuss your treatment. 

Best wishes

Sharon

I know its really difficult not to worry but don't forget that the post is soooo slow over the Christmas period that may be texting is just a quicker way to make contact and fill available appointments. All the best x

I know its really difficult not to worry but don't forget that the post is soooo slow over the Christmas period that may be texting is just a quicker way to make contact and fill available appointments. All the best x

Thanks guys - yeah thats right as my letter was sent Xmas eve so just waiting now. Just don't get why I need an appt so soon?? Just making me think tHat it isn't good :( the worse thing about it is we r trying for a baby so I have got myself in a blind panic as that it on hold now! just sont understand why I'm not just going back in 6 months time :(

thanks for for the replies :) much appreciated.

Hi Kimbo

I had a letter sent out with an appointment within days of my treatment and I was seen within 2 weeks of having LEETZ under GA. My appoinment was to simply tell me that it was CIN II, previously thought to be CIN III so downgraded. I had a week of total panic wondering why they needed to see me so quickly.

Try not to stress (easier said than done) The waiting really is the worst bit but an appointment does not automatically mean it will be bad news.

I hope this helps x

Thank you so much for sharing that!! i just wantwd to know what someones experience was so knowing that it isn't automatically bad news is great. I don't see why they can't just tell you that because it really is a week of sheer torture as you know and with it being Xmas I'm wishing my holidays aways just wanting to get to Friday and know what they found 

xxx

Good luck with your results Kimbo,

Let us know how you get on x