No hysterectomy chemo and radiotherapy instead

Thank you @AMF. That means a lot x

Wishing you all the best tomorrow as you start treatment. I’m hoping to get news this week about my start date :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Thank you @ForestFairy78!

Keeping all crossed for that you hear very soon. The waiting is awful xxx

1 Like

Hi Shammy,
How has your first week on treatment gone? I’ve been thinking about you.
I’ve had my date to start 18th October. I think it’s finally hit me seeing the schedule dates and times. Cried properly since my diagnosis yesterday.
Sending you lots of love and hugs xx

1 Like

Hi @ForestFairy78 ! If you like you can see how my 1st week went on the post in this section “I got my start date”

I hope you’re well xx

Wow!! Just reading your week. Thank you for sharing it’s helped me as I start my first week on the 18th October. You sound as if you’re smashing it. I don’t even know you but I’m proud of you. I think I’m going to keep a log of my appointments it’s helps us all to know what to experience when our time comes. I had a bad day yesterday as I was in a lot of pain and I had my radio appointment come through on a letter with all the dates and times. It just hit me and I felt so overwhelmed. Today is a better day. Good luck with tomorrow and week 2 xxx

2 Likes

Aww bless you @ForestFairy78,

Those days when it hits you are the worst aren’t they?
I literally have every worst case scenario in my head and its unbelievably draining. On a few occasions I’ve managed to shake it off but sometimes I just cant.
I find myself reading through the -Positive Stories- thread In the just diagnosed section and that helps.
As for writing it down daily I know everyone can be different, but for others you can can the gist of how it can be at times.
If it helps at least 1 other lady going through this then it’s worth it.
I’m dreading this week slightly if if honest. I am going to mention the nausea, backache and tummy troubles just to reassure myself.
I can see however on some others blogs/diaries that week 2 can be more in control, better meds and a better week. So holding on to that.

Hi @ForestFairy78
I do empathise with you, it’s a massive shock being told you have 4th stage CC. I immediately thought it meant terminal. That’s not the case. I recently completed chemotherapy and radiotherapy (I didn’t have brachytherapy but instead had 8 more targeted external radiotherapy) The first 25 radiotherapy targeted three areas simultaneously. I have a metastasis to my sacrum as well.
I had a PET/CT at 12 weeks (last week) and I’m having an MRI, then I’ll get the results of how the treatment went. Bear in mind that radiotherapy these days is highly accurate, and the addition of Cisplatin makes it more effective. I had to stop my chemo after 2 cycles but even when I had the planning scans for the last 8 radiotherapy the consultant could already see shrinkage in the tumour.
I’ll be very interested to hear how you are and will be thinking about you.
Xxx

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words and inspiring story. I’m over the disappointment of not having surgery now although it has taken some time to process it. I’m ready to start my treatment on Monday and to evict this unwanted squatter from his comfy place. (I don’t know why my tumour is a man but hey Ho)
I’ve heard so many positive stories about shrinkage of tumours after just a few treatments.
Keep us all informed and I look forward to your updates xxx

3 Likes

I went for my bracytherapy meeting at the Christie on Friday. The Dr was amazing and told me something that blew my mind. Apparently the bracytherapy gives around 50-60% of the total radiation of the full treatment! I was amazed at that as you would think five weeks of radiotherapy would be the majority with bracy just being the end blast.
I’m going to be an inpatient and hooked up to the machine for 17 hours each time.
What are your thoughts and feelings today? I feel more than ready for tomorrow and hope you feel the same :muscle:let’s do this!!!

2 Likes

I’m ready and raring to go (does that sound weird?)
I didn’t have a great night sleep but I’ve been up early cleaning the house from top to bottom, I think my mind is wired and I’m making the most of this crazy energy I’ve got. I can’t seem to sit down for a minute.
I’ve packed my bag with lots of things to distract me. I’m excited about starting my new book
How are you feeling?
Let’s smash it. :muscle::boom: This unwanted visitor has been with us far too long.

2 Likes

Not weird at all. I don’t want use the phrase ‘pleased’ but I’ve waited so long I’m thankful this starts tomorrow. Can’t wait to say adiós to all of this!
I’ve done the same, cleaned the house done all the washing, got food in the slow cooker, bag ready, headphones charged etc etc :joy:
Wishing you lots of luck! Where abouts are you may I ask? I’m at the Rosemere in Preston.

3 Likes

I live in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire and I’m having my treatment at Cheltenham hospital. I know what you mean I’m not looking forward to it but I’m relieved that this day has finally come. 2 months exactly since my diagnosis!! And they’ve been the longest two months of my life. This week especially has dragged!
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Mine is a full day of chemo/radiotherapy so early start 8.15am!! Good luck xxx

1 Like

Hi Forestfairy and @Sa_Rah will be thinking of you both tomorrow. I am 4 weeks post treatment and feeling well.
First day of chemo and radiotherapy is definitely the worst not knowing how you’re going to deal with it, all the unknowns I was terrified but it was nowhere near as awful as I had imagined.

You’ll both be great, it’s good that you both have have each other and are going through this at the same time. I also had someone who I met during my treatment we both supported each other and we continue to do so. X

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for this. It’s so reassuring to hear your experience and that your treatment is no where near daunting as you expected it to be. I think the not knowing is definitely the hardest part of this. I will keep you all informed this group has been invaluable for love and support.
Good luck with the rest of the treatment. You’ve definitely got this xxx