No colposcopy straight for lletz

Hi, just wonderimg if anyone else has had the same...at my last smear the results came back as high grade dyskaryosis and was booked for a hospital appointment for a colposcopy a week later. All previous smears have been clear. At the hospital appointment the doctor said i was having a lletz done to which I knew nothing about as I was told it was a colposcopy only. Slightly freaked out as I have a needle phobia and I was on my own as thought it was just another examination. Didn't really realise how serious it was and I had to go back to work after as I had no time booked off to which the doctor and nurse where very annoyed about.  My job is very physical so struggling to not do much especially for 4 weeks when I don't really want to tell everyone at work what is going on. I am slightly upset that I was not informed about the procedure and had no idea what was happening until I googled it when I got home as everything the doctor said went straight over my head after the mention of needles! 

Has anyone else gone straight from smear to lletz and no colposcopy? Slightly worried that this means I have more chance of having cancerous cells as i had no further examination and went straight for treatment. Especially as I have just lost my mum to cancer (pancreatic) 5 months ago. Imagination now running away with me !!!! Really annoyed as I feel that I have been misinformed from the start by the doctors.

Hi hun, I think every hospital handles things differently. They should have really given you the choice if you wasn't prepared I.e you had work straight after etc. In the doctors eyes he would have thought "no point in biopsy as I can see its CIN 2 or 3 for example. He will know that the result will come back as needing a lletz so he's prevented you having to wait up to 8 agonising weeks for the results of the biopsy. Like me I had to wait 6 weeks just to go back into the same room and have a lletz. My friend on the other hand was offered a lletz on the colposcopy day which scared her yet he explained it just saves time as he knows you will need treatment. Don't be alarmed by this though. It makes sense in a way, the crap bit is that you weren't expecting it so you weren't mentally prepared and prepared for the whole scenario. Bless you. Give it a few weeks and you will be glad they did it when you get your results of your lletz hopefully they've removed all the bad cells and that will be that. Fingers crossed xxx

My gynae has decided to go straight to LLETZ as there's no point with a colposcopy since I already have CIN 2/3 on the smear. But the doctor should have warned you in advance. Bad doctor!

My gynae has decided to go straight to LLETZ as there's no point with a colposcopy since I already have CIN 2/3 on the smear. But the doctor should have warned you in advance. Bad doctor!