Newly diagnosed

Hi all I’m just in the beginnings of this journey. I am 43 yrs old and married with 4 kids (2 his, 1 mine and 1 ours). I got a call in October that my last pap had abnormal cells. I mentioned that is had that once before, about twenty years ago. The dr said, “No, I think this is different.” She went on to say I had Atypical Glandular Cells. I was scared and googled a ton! I went for a colposcopy and four small biopsies, as well as a pelvic and vaginal ultrasound. Everything came back fine except one of the biopsies.

I had adenocarcinoma in situ. I have an excellent dr and while terrified, felt comforted in her hands. Two weeks ago I had a cold knife cone biopsy. I found out they are confident they got it al, but was shocked this week to find out that the cone biopsy showed I also had SIL. Wow. So it would eventually become cancerous as well.

I feel very fortunate it was all found when it was. Since I am finished having kids I’m booked for a total hysterectomy in Feb. my aunt died of cervical cancer at 42 so I am anxious to have it gone and move forward. The procedure scares me a bit. Some of the possible complications and long term effects are scary. Trying to stay positive.

Hi I’m a new member here as well :slight_smile:
I was dianoised 26th nov with stage 1b1 cancer and I am 36 yrs old. I lost my sister to cervical cancer so its all rather to close to home for me and very scarey, I haven’t yet received all my treatment as you will see below in my signature, its a scary journey.
I’m booked for my hystermectomy on 18th dec and I’m bricking it to be quite honest as iv never had a general let alone major surgery!! I have worried about bladder problems after and after speaking to a couple of good friends who have had it and been left with no issues at all I think we just need to remember that, they have to tell you about possable problems but they are rare. I’m also thinking " what if I don’t wake up" I think its only natural to be nervous and scared but everything will work out ok.

The girls here are fab and helping me a lot with their stories and support :slight_smile: x
Jo

Hi Ladies

I had a Wertheims Hysterectomy in October 2013.  I was terrified, had never had a major op before, just a little day surgery thing when I was a kid.  Anyway, the surgery was much better than I thought it would be and whilst it's not a walk in the park, it went well and and I was left with no bladder problems.

I've just had my 2 year check and all is well - I will now have 6 monthly checks instead of the 4 monthly ones I was having.  I'm fine, there are no long term effects and my life is back to normal. 

These times you are going through now are the worst, once you get started on your treatment you start to feel a lot more positive, strange but true.  You will get through this bit by bit and there will be lots of ladies on this site to support you along the way.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx 

Hi Daisy :-)

Welcome to the forum though obviously I'm very sorry that you have had to find us here. Whilst it's a large operation, most hysterectomies are just fine. You'll feel a bit wiped out afterwards and you really must take it easy, but do try not to concern yourself of possible long-term effects, for most of us they just don't happen.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

My side effects stopped 6 weeks after I finished treatment now I'm, I would say 80%, back to how I was before all of this. Sad I know but I've managed to clean all of my downstairs in my house and to my standard too! I've not been able to do this since I was diagnosed in march - my mum has been doing my cleaning and not to my standard! So you can imagine my relief and satisfaction by doing it! I told you sad haha!

It maybe a rough ride for a while, each person is diffrent with the treatment, but there is a silver lining at the end. My last scan before I finished treatment showed that my cancer had shrunk to the size of a pea and I have advanced CC. 

I've got all my scans to come again soon - the joys!