Newly Diagnosed Today

Hi May
Thanks a lot for taking your time to respond to me . I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this, good that you are already week 4 of your treatment. Atleast you can finish that sooner and advice other ladies here on what to do and expect with each treatment.
My sister started talking to us about her symptoms mid this year and we have been trying to have her to have that looked at. So finally she has agreed to go next month , my sister and I will accompany her God willing atleast to make she don’t turn around.she dint want to go earlier than that but better than nothing right ? Her most concerning symptom was watery discharge and back legs and lower pelvic pains . She says the pelvic pain is worst when ovulating. I will keep you posted .
Sending you hugs xxx

4 Likes

Hi am so gald u are being positive I hope u are doin well am still waiting on my scans I hope they aren’t to much longer but am being strong n positive everyday please feel free to message me anytime we can beat this think positive n be positive xxxx

1 Like

Hi Dawnann!

So pleased to hear that you have started your treatment and you’re feeling ok so far. Keep strong and positive xxx

1 Like

Hi ladies,

Being newly diagnosed and all the waiting are probably the worst times. I was diagnosed at the age of 37 and like most of you, had a watery discharge, bit of blood after sex and mild lower back pain.

It has been 3 years since I finished treatment and all is going very well. My life is pretty much the same as before I had treatment, except that my vagina is a little more dry than it used to be! Menopause is not all that bad either… of course everyone is different and no two cases are the same but there is life at the end of this and your mind set is 50% of the journey.

Keep smiling and if anyone needs a chat or wants to ask questions, feel free to get in touch xx

7 Likes

Hi Ladybug
Thank you for your positive and upbeat post. I do agree that your mind set is so important in many ways. So glad you have come through this and you are now willing to share your help and advice. That’s what I like so much about this forum! I also agree that the waiting is the worst. I’ve just been to the hospital today to receive confirmation of cervical cancer from the biopsies they took and now wait for MRI appointment. It is from being able to connect with the lovely people here that I draw strength and hope. Thanks again xx

4 Likes

I myself have postponed and delayed going to the doctors so many times as my family tried to convinced me to go get checked. I already knew something was seriously wrong based on my symptoms that didn’t go away. The watery discharge and pelvic pain to the point that I couldn’t take it anymore that I know I needed help. Just try to reassure your sister that no matter what the result is it can be deal with. But the sooner the better. There’s a big possibility that it isn’t cancer then she can have peace of mind. Keep us posted. We’re here for you and your sister.xxx

2 Likes

I’m sorry about your diagnosis but I can see you have the right attitude to fight this. I was a mess and still is up to now as I tend to be always thinking about the worst. But this forum really helped me calmed down and face this journey head on. I am now on my 5th week of my treatment. A lot of brave and sympathetic ladies here who’s always ready to listen and provide support/advice which really has helped me. Family is great but sometimes you just had to talk to people who can really relate. Please keep us posted about your scans and we’re all here for you.Much love. xxx

1 Like

Hi Don, positive mind set really helps. Keep us posted about your scans. Hope they’ll discuss treatment plan for you soon. You’re not alone. Sending you hugs and prayers.xx

2 Likes

Hi how are u I had my scans on Friday now it’s just waitin to find out what stage then the treatment they will start me on I was so nervous goin for the scans but they weren’t as bad as I had thought we have all got this think positive be positive always xxxxx

2 Likes

Hi May17

Thanks so much for your reply. I caanot tell you how much you and the ladies on here are helping me through this. Congratulations on having your 5th week of treatment. I hope it’s not taking too much out of you and you’re managing ok. It seems ages away that I will get to that stage! I am so pleased that we all have each other. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I wish you all the best for your next week of treatment. I will be thinking of you. Stay strong, hugs xxx

3 Likes

Hi Snowbird, as we all know the treatment affects every individual differently. Common side effects now that I’m on my 5th week is cystitis which makes peeing painful but there are always meds to control the side effects and it’s important to hydrate more. Start drinking more water throughout your treatment it helped me a lot as the chemo and radiation will make you easily dehydrated then you’ll be prone to cystitis and constipation. Others suffered from diarrhea but that too can be managed, one thing that worked for me is eating bananas and apples. I seemed to managed better being a bit constipated than having diarrhea which fortunately I only had one episode of so far. The chemorads can make you extremely tired so just rest whenever you need to. Your body will be going through a heck lot so try to eat well and rest. Chemo can make you nauseous that they will also give you meds to control this. I’m not yet done w my treatment but just wanna share things that has helped me sail through. We’re all in this together. Much love to you all. xx

2 Likes

Thanks May17. You seem to be doing really well and staying positive. I absolutely agree about the dietary benefits. At the moment I’m eating apples, walnuts, blueberries and grapes. The odd banana too. It is so helpful having you to help prepare me for this. Funny thing happened yesterday when my son saw my plate of fruit and nuts. He said, well you know what they say - An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if the Doctor’s cute, screw the fruit!! Just made me laugh like a drain. Thanks again for the valuable advice and keep positive and strong. You seem to be coping really well. Love and hugs xx

6 Likes

Hi I go for my results on Friday I bit nervous but it has to be done how are things with u xx

2 Likes

Hi Don, you’re gonna be fine! This is the most difficult part, the waiting game for results but once you know what you’re dealing with you will find that strength and will be ready to fight this bloody thing head on. Just keep in mind that no matter what the result/stage will be, it’s treatable. I was just chatting w a lady when I first posted here as I was so scared I’ll be stage 4 cuz of my symptoms and hers has spread to her lungs, did the chemo cocktail to get rid of the spread and it did! Now she’s about to start the chemorads like the rest of us! You see there’s a lot of hope no matter what. I’m on my 5th week now. Message me anytime and please keep us posted. Much love.xx

3 Likes

You’re doing all the right thing while waiting for your treatment plan, try to boost your immune system and eat lots of protein! Throughout the treatment they will always have to check if your blood counts are enough to proceed w every chemo session. So for now just try to rest well, eat well and be as healthy as you can. I lost a lot of weight prior to my diagnosis cuz I was in so much pain and stress for months before going to the doctors. The nutritional drinks helped me a lot when I didn’t have the appetite. Goodluck on your scans and keep us posted. We’re all here for you. xx

1 Like

Thank u so much so gald to hear u are doin good ive just had a fone call to say I need a PET scan am gettin that on Monday that has knocked me a bit but I’ve read a lot off people on here have had them I just didn’t no I was goin to be having one thank u for replying xxx

I’m not sure what country you’re from but from what I read here it’s mostly a standard procedure for the doctors to see the whole picture and to see how far the disease has spread if any and it’s ideal so they can see exactly what approach they will use in treating you. I’m based in the US mine is quite different I only had CT scans and MRI. Chest and whole abdominal CT scan w contrast to assess spread and when there’s no evidence of distant spread they decided to do a laparoscopic surgery on me to explore if there’s local spread as the tumor was pressing on my left ureter and immediately next to my bladder. They also took some lymph nodes sample to check if I have lymph nodes involved even w clear scans I guess they were being cautious. So that’s where they all confirmed the stage and started treatment. You got this! As I’ve said in some country it’s a standard protocol when it comes to staging cancer.Keep us posted. Sending you all support and hugs.xx

Thank u for replyin am from England ive read a lot off people have had the PET scan I have got this get Friday done n take it all from there xxxx

1 Like

I have My CT scan tomorrow and my MRI on 11th. I was diagnosed 25th November. I only had slight bleeding, brownish discharge and only a mild period like pain in the bottom of my stomach. Reading all the posts from so many strong ladies is a real big help…stay strong everyone xx

2 Likes

I had a pet scan two weeks ago. Terrified myself beforehand and it was absolutely fine. Scan itself was so much easier than the mri in my opinion xx

1 Like