Newly Diagnosed - Chemoradiation Required UPDATE

Great to hear from you Paula, do keep letting us know how you are getting on. I think that 'treatment journals' are probably extremely helpful to women who are a few steps behind you.

Go well

Tivoli

HI Tivoli

Thank you and yes i agree today not a great day bit of a stomach ache and cant get warm but i guess you are going to have good and bad days xx

Hello Paula

Sorry to hear your news. I was diagnosed in 2012 with stage 2b and had 30 radio, 6 chemo and 4 brachy.And like the ladies above have mentioned everyone reacts differently. My experience with treatment was actually not too bad. for me it was the fatigue and the skin damage with radio. During chemo i would take it magazines and lots of water, i found water to be my new best friend. I was fortunate enough not to suffer from nausia but i took the anti sickness tabs anyway just incase. Before radio i would drink plenty if water so that my bladder was full to prevent the radio from damaging it..as this was advised by the lovely ladies on here and my oncologist..it worked a treat, although i did end up with cystitis. I also suffered from bad bouts of the runs and my skins did peel and become raw. I changed my diet to a high fibre diet..some say you should avoid fibre but for me it helped bind my stools (sorry to be so graphic). I used the creams which helped sooth my skins..my advice would be to start using this as early as possible, i wasnt given any till nearer the end of treatment. The brachy was my biggest fear..i was afraid of the thought of it, however its actually not too bad. The worst part for me was the lying flat for hours and when they took the rodss out. It wasnt painful just a little uncomfortable, you will be offered painkillers or gas and air. I started HRT pretty much straight away as i has flushings and ive been on it ever since..im fine with it. Two and a half years on i still suffer from fatigue and have radio damage to the top of my cervix that causes me to bleed during intercourse, however im fit and and well. During treatment i continued as normal with every day life. Shopping, looking after the kids and still seeing friends. Life doesnt have to stop. normailty is what got me through it . Sorry for the rant ..i hope this helps. Good luck. And remember water is your new friend. Xxxx

Ho Tracey!

So good to hear you are doing well and well on the road :). I had my 2nd chemo today feel very tired but not to bad just manged bangers and mash haha. Ive still not had any bowel issues other than a bit of constipation its like im just waiting for it all to kick in? This is my 2nd week so i assum it will.

As for water i drink around 2ltr a day easy maybe more. 

Thanks for going over the brachy treatment as not been told about it yet first one 14th December.

I had a look at your posts and they have given me some info on other issues. 

Ive not had skin problem yet but again maybe this will happen?

Early days i think.

Thank you so much for commenting

Xxx