Newly diagnosed and panicking

Hi Kirsty!

it sounds like things have been tough for you. It's so hard not knowing. I had a feeling at the smear that something wasn't right just from the nurses presentation, but didn't question anything and when I hadn't heard for over 4 weeks I thought it all must be fine till the two letters dropped. How are you coping with work? I'm a social worker and finding it very hard this week at work to focus on other people's problems, particularly if they are easily dealt with. I'm a silent worrier, I don't tend to tell people how I'm really feeling and tend to put a brave face on it but I don't feel brave. Just broken; it's been a really hard year and this has just been the cherry on top.

i have been reading your post again and I really hope everything goes well for you; the one good thimg about the times we live in is medical advances and the things they can do..... When I'm feeling really bad I try to remember that :)

keep your chin up and if you feel able keep us informed of how you're getting on!

Sending you hugs :)

Hi Kirsty.

I just want to say I hope today went as well it can do and you're feeling ok (phyically and emotionally). I think you're right with being off work. I'm just awaiting a second opinion biopsy after finding I have CIN 3 for the second time and suspected CC. I can only say I've been floored, I keep crying all the time. I work for the police and my job can be very high pressure at times and I don't seem to be coping that well - I feel like crying when I kind something challenging (which is most days). You need to make sure you do what's best for you and if staying away from the stress of work is helping, then stay off. There's plenty of people in the world that take the p*ss out of sickness at work and sign themselves off for colds/coughs/sore throat time and time again, so to go through something like this and need time off (even just for a little head space) is perfectly acceptable and understandable.

My work have been great and allowed me time off whenever I've needed it. I will be having 3 days off after my biopsies next Tues as last time I bled a lot and had awful lower tummy pain - walking around all day wouldn't help.

I feel daft as I haven't even been properly and 100% diagnosed yet until I go on Tuesday but having been through LLETZ last time and having a bad time with it (awful bleeding for weeks, pain and then an infection), I have built up a lot of anxiety about it all :( I feel stupid.

Anyway, let me know how you're doing, Lucy xx

Hi

sorry, just realised that this was to me!  My consultant knew at colposcopy that I had cancer. He did hedge his bets slightly, but he was already talking hysterectomy. My initial diagnosis was 1a, restaged as 1b1 because it could be seen with the naked eye.

hope that helps, sorry for delay.

Molly xxx

Kirsty

ive been thinking of you today, I really hope all went well Xx

Hi Folks,

I had the MRI yesterday and the lovely radiology team managed to get the result to the doctor by this morning. At my appointment they said I had stage 1b1 and they think I'll probably have a hysterectormy but until the team at the bigger hospital meet and study my scans I won't know that for sure. 

I feel SO much calmer. My imagination was running away with me and now I know much more about what we're dealing with. Now I can just get on with it.  I know the waiting is not over but it's not quite so unkown. 

This forum has really helped me over the last week when I've been a gibbering wreck half the time! I so appreciate the kind and supportive messages - thank you lovely ladies! I now feel ready for the next step - bring it on and let's just get it over with!

Kirsty xx

Thanks for thinking of me, Lizbet!

xx

Hi Lucy,

You sound like you're having a tough time! Sorry to hear that. It does your head in, doesn't it?! I also can't help noticing that there are quite a few people on here with famously stressful jobs going through this. Ummm....

Please don't feel stupid - when things are stressful, they're stressful and we shouldn't be feeling bad because we're struggling. You're right about all the people who take time off work at the drop of a hat. You don't have the kind of job you can do if your head is not in the right place. Go easy on yourself!:) 

Take care,

Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty

What a great team to get the result through to the doctor that quick!  There are quite a few ladies on here who have and did have 1b1 - me included - so please ask away if you want to know anything.  I had a Wertheims Hystercetomy and luckily it hadn't spread so no chemo or radiotherapy was needed.  Hopefully you will be the same.  I'm a year on now and have been doing well for quite some time so that gives you something positive to focus on.

I was just the same when I was told, bring it on and get it over with.  The nerves don't go but somehow they are more in control once you know what you are dealing with.

Wishing you lots of luck with the rest of your journey.

Hugs

Cheryl,xx

Thanks, Cheryl! I do feel so much better knowing. Mind you, now the adrenaline from my stressful last week has begun to diminish, I find myself extraordinarily tired! Zzzzz......

Wish I could say anything useful to you except that I know how hard it is waiting for results...a perpetual state of waiting! Sounds like your team is good & I'm glad you're feeling stronger & in fighting mode!! I'm thinking of you & sending a big virtual hug!

C xxx