Newby....still waiting

I was referred by my GP under the tww for a colposcopy.  My appointment was due today.... But..... A letter arrived at lunchtime moving my appointment to friday.  Ive been feeling pretty terrified since seeing my GP with symptoms and having an examination which pretty much confirned my worst thoughts.....How do you cope with all the waiting ?

Hiya

The waiting is the WORST. I don't even feel like I am coping... well one minute I'm laughing away at the TV and the next I'm crying my eyes out. I'm totally up and down, but all we can do is just get ourselves through it I guess! After spending the entire day yesterday curled up on the sofa, and eyes puffy from crying, I forced myself up early and out and about today. Although I started crying as soon as I got home, the day went faster and my mind was not focused only on 'results.'
This forum is great as when I'm sat feeling dreadful I come on here and read the different posts, and it makes me feel less alone. Friday isn't too long to wait, just one day to get through and then you'll be there. Have you anything nice planned tomorrow? Try to keep busy if you can and hopefully the day will fly. Best of luck for Friday xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Thanks for your kind words, I plan to keep busy but I cant think straight... Cant bear to be at work with all those sympathetic looks and no one saying anything.  So so tired all the time too, not sure if its from cc or from the worry keeping me awake.  Roll on friday and some sort of answers... It looks like youve been thru the mill, hope you get answers soon too x 

I had my first abnormal pap come back in early June this year.  It came back LSIL/CIN1 and positive for HPV16.  I had my colposcopy on Monday this week and am anxiously awaiting my results.  It is honestly agonizing!  My Dr. told me I should have my results on Wednesday, but nothing.  I called first thing this morning to see if there was anything new on my charts and there is not.  SO I am TRYING my best to go about my day as normal, but it's not normal.  My 21 year old daughter has spent the past several nights/days with me which has been wonderful.  She helps take my mind off things as I listen to her ramble about her friends and what not.  It's a nice distraction.  

Hang in there...the waiting is no fun at all!

Hope your colposcopy goes okay today Stormywave. Let us know xx Jbennet any results yet? Hope you get them soon! good luck and positive thoughts to all of us xx

Thanks all, had my colposcopy and a punch biopsy today, still unable to take smear as again bleeding too much.  Dr Said she could see two areas of "abnormal" cervix, top and bottom so I have to go for an urgent MRI on Monday.  Im really claustrophobic so GP had prescribed some sedation but Im still not sure if to take it or not.... Claustrophobia and being out of control might be too much.

I found the Consultant to be quite un-communicative and if I didnt know what was going on then I still wouldnt know as she didnt tell me anything.  No screen to look at colposcopy, no explanation of punch biopsy... And after she kept shaking the biopy in my face.... She didnt even say hello to my husband or ask who he was, hope I see someone else next !  Mind you she did start her shift by openly complaining about the number if women she had to see today and didnt apologise for being 20 minutes late.