Newbie post leetz tears

Hi all, I’ve been very lucky at being seen at the hospital very quickly after having an abnormal smear and hpv positive. I was called for a colposcopy on the Sunday and called back in for a biopsy and leetz 3 days later. I have to say for me, the leetz was agony. Despite having 3x local I have never felt pain like it, the burning and the pain!!
I’ve had so much trouble sleeping since then and now I’m a tired emotional wreck who is struggling to function. I’m normally such a tough cookie I am not liking this. :confused:
I am waiting for my biopsy results and trying to find out what to expect having cgin.
This seems less common. :thinking:
Anyone else wants to hide under a duvet 16 says after a leetz procedure :weary:

1 Like

Apologies for the spelling mistakes, didn’t have my glasses on. :nerd_face:
Lletz not leetz

Hi I know how you feel. I was diagnosed with CGIN too and was terrified. I had my Lletz done under general anaesthetic and waited nearly 6 weeks for my results. All the cells were removed with clear margins and no further treatment. Going back in 6 months to the clinic for another smear.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. It hadn’t crossed my mind that they may have removed everything on the first ho, so thank you for that. Fingers crossed xx