New....

Hello,

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum but I am looking for some advice as I am worrying myself sick...

Brief background..

I am 28, had my first smear test when I was 25, it came back abnormal and was told I had a cyst, they asked if it caused me any problems day to day or during sex.  It didnt.  I was told to go back after 6 months for another smear... I never went...  I know this is wrong.

I have been on the pill since I was 16 and am currently on noriday which is a mini pill so I do not have a period.  This has been since August 2013.

I have had 2 mis carriages (they were not planned and concieved while on the pill)

My Mum was diagonised with breast cancer in October and has just start Chemo, she was told that the type of breast cancer she has can be genetic and linked to cerival/overian and breast cancer.  My Mums sister died 11/12 year ago of cancer and was previously diagonised with Ovarian cancer.  This scared me when my mums nurse said they could all be linked.

The first thing I did was book in for a smear, they said it has come back inconclusive due to an infection and they gave me canesten and said it was thrush.  For the last few weeks I have been feeling 'different' down there... I have had what I thought was thrush and I now have a flesh like pink discharge most days, there is also a smell that isnt me... Sorry this is really embarrassing for me to type this...   They said I need to go back in 3 months for another smear...

I of course have googled it and the pages I got back was saying the above along with pelvic or back pain & pain during sex (both of which I get) are symptons of cervial cancer.

I called my GP today to book an apt as the 'smell' and general feeling down below is getting me down and I can not get an apt until the 2nd April.

Can anyone else give me any details on symptons they had or was your diagonises picked up through a smear?

I am really worried and feel really lonely, I cant talk to my Mum about it as she is going through cancer her self and it would bring her down, my Fiancee is amazing but very positive and wont even listen to the possibility of cancer until I have seen a doc...

Anyone?!

x

So... I can see lots of views but no replies...

Have I posted in the wrong forum or upset anyone?  That wasnt my intent.. x

Hi, 

I think people may not comment as no one wants to worry you more or presume anything. Having an inconclusive smear is not helpful for you at this time. Very bad timing thst you had thrush. I do feel for you as I bet   101 things are flying around in your head. The smell could be due to an infection. Surely you can get a doctors appointment before then and ask them to do an internal examination? 

The waiting is always the worst so if you could bring this app forward I think this would help.

Best wishes

Michelle

Hi specialk2015. I can't really give you any advice on your questions.. But I didn't want to read and not reply. I had a bad smear last yr and had treatment for that. All I can say is you are doing the right thing now getting things checked, tell your gp all your worries get it off your chest you will feel better for it. I am so sorry to hear about your mum too, I hope she is doing well. I am sure the other girls will come along soon as you are not upsetting anyone here you are in the right place and welcome anytime, all the girls are lovely.. If you need to chat I am here.. Take care.. Love sky xxx

Im with your fiance on this one...positivity all the way.

Hi hun, didn't want to read and run. You are moving in the right direction by arranging a check up. I would keep trying for an earlier appointment because you are worrying so much now and to wait until April it's a while off. It's easy for me to say don't worry because it's human nature to assume the worst but it could be lots of things. Please keep us posted. PM me whenever you want. Love lea xx

Hi April is a long time for an appointment could you not go to a walk in I no we have one in our city center were you can just go and wait to get your pill n stuff stay positive and away from dr google as thay say x