New user

Hi all new to this forum
After 3 smears that were cytology clear but hpv positive i had a colposcopy on friday. After convincing myself it would be clear i was shocked to be shown the abnormal cells and then a painful punch biopsy was done. I suffer with terrible anxiety and have just started hrt patches ( 52 yrs old )i have had an awful weekend what ifing ! And need some support in managing your head/emotions whilst waiting for the results. I am an ex nurse too so dont make the best patient …any advice

Hi sorry I couldn’t scroll past without commenting. I’m sorry I have no advice as currently just starting on this nerve wracking journey. I went to my gp for various symptoms and after examination have been put on a fast track referral. Sorry I can’t be much help but I just wanted to reach out and tell you you’re not alone. I’m a student nurse so absolutely panicking I won’t be able to complete my course etc. also have 4 young children. Sending love and hopefully we can both come back in here soon with some positive news xx

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply.Its so good to hear from you. Yes talk about anxiety its awful but i am trying to ground myself and just stay in the present day. I was making myself ill. I have lots of lovely things happening in May whilst waiting for the results and if i project too far forward i will loose all those positive experiences.
I am sorry for your situation and hope you have the tests quickly its the not knowing thats hard ! Sending positive thoughts your way and a day at a time hopefully we can report some good news soon xxx

1 Like