New to here - abnornal smear result

Hi,

I have had normal smears until my last one 2 weeks ago which showed changes to my cervix and evidence of HPV. I am booked in for a colposcopy next week.
The HPV I know must have come from my first partner as he is the only one before my husband and my husband has only slept with me. From reading on here I can see we must now have immunity against each other.
I’ve had very heavy periods over the last 12 months, been referred to colposcopy clinic and they found I had an erosion on my cervix which they sealed. Also had an ultrasound on my womb and ovaries and all ok. I’m now on tablets each month to help control the blood flow.

Just looking for some support I suppose, my sister has been through this and had a radical hysterectomy so she is also a good support to me.

Thanks to anyone reading this x

Hi Louise,

Sorry to hear you have to go in for a colpscopy next week and all of te problems you'vebeen having with your periods, it must be a worrying time for you. It sounds as if you have a great suppot network at home though who can help you through it. From what I have been reading about HPV is that most people have the virus at some time in their lives. For most people it causes no symptoms and goes away on its own. Don't beat yourself up about it chicken.

I am also due mine next week on the 4th Feb. This has come from my first smear test. I have just turned 25 and decided to book immediately. It's a good job I did as abnormalities have been found and although quite scary I'm pleased to say that friends and family have also decided to go for their smear tests too Smile

Let me know how you get on. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

H

Hi H,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I’m really lucky I have a lot of supportive family. This is my 3rd smear test as I had one before the age rose to 25. It’s just all so worrying, any little pain I’m getting in that area I’m thinking is that something to do with it? And also thinking my appt is 6 day after I got the letter which seems quick but I suppose that’s a good thing.

I hope your appt goes ok, keep us updated.

Hugs
Louise