New symptoms

Hi there, 18 months ago i had borderline changes following a smear and was positive Hpv, I had a colposcopy but was clear. I had some irregular bleeding 13 months ago and was referred for another colposcopy because the doctor could see something on my cervix but again all clear. I have now had a fairly heavy bleed mid cycle after sex and a light period still 4 days later. As it is so soon after an all clear colposcopy Im gushing its nothing to worry about but should i get it checked just in case?

I would personally always err on the side of caution, having had the experience of leaving things unchecked for a long time and having to go through probably more treatment for abnormal cells than I might have if I’d been getting checked.

Any unusual bleeding is worth getting checked IMHO, even if it’s mostly for peace of mind.

1 Like

Thank you, ive booked an appointment with docs

1 Like

I would have done the same, I would always be overcautious with your health. We’re always told changes take many years but this is not always the case. I went from a normal smear to CIN 3 and CGIN in just over 3 years. I’m sure it will be fine but always better to be safe. x

1 Like