New here

Hi all.

This is my first time here and I'm looking for a bit of support and information.

Last year following an abnormal smear result showing CN1 changes I attended the colposcopy unit at the nearest hospital for 2 appointments. I was told to wait for 1 year for a follow up smear to see if the changes had gone back to normal.

I went for the smear test last week and although I have to wait for 2 weeks for the results, my strong feelings are that it's not ok. It was quite painful - the whole thing. the sample was bloody, I could see the nurse swishing it around in the container afterward. She did tell me when I asked that it looked "red and angry".

I know that the next step is the Lletz treatment and I'm wondering who else has had a similar time of it and whether it's effective and what happens next if it progresses.

Im trying to be positive but it's a very scary time for me. Thanks for taking the time to read this, any input would be gratefully received.

Tori-Anne

Hiya, let me just start by saying that I am in a similar situation to you. I had a smear test done in May and it came back as inadequate due to my cervix having an ectropion so I had to come back and have another one. I had the second last week and the nurse commneted that my cervix looked red and bled easily and she showed me the sample that she took and again there was blood in it. She said if this test comes back as inadequate I will be referred for a colposcopy so that they can have a closer look at my cervix and I think from what you are saying if you have a similar result to me you too will be referred to have this done and it is different from having Lletz treatment. I hope that it all comes back okay for you (and for myself too) it's just all the waiting that is the hard part! Good luck!