New here - anyone with similar experience?

Hi all,

I had my first colposcopy today after my first ever abnormal PAP (last PAP was January 2013). I have high risk HPV, initial PAP showed CINI. Doc took 4 biopsies today, one “way up high where [he] couldn’t see.” He said not to lose sleep over it, but I am concerned as I’ve been having strange symptoms such as burning/stabbing pain in cervix, low back pain, nausea, cramping not associated with period. I guess it is just a waiting now, and he said results should be in in about a week.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms? And is it normal for them to take so many biopsies? It hurt more than I expected, and I have a high pain tolerance. I’m still crampy and sore.

P.s. - I am from the states, but found this forum active and helpful

Also, I dont know if this holds and significance, but when he did the biopsy high up, he said he was doing an ECC.

Thanks all.

Hi, I am new here too. Had a colposcopy about 3 weeks ago- had my results - Cin3 and now waiting for Treatment. I have been having the same symptoms- pain in ovaries,back and down legs- feels like they are burning and then cold.  I got scared whilst waiting so went for a scan- they said possibly got a polyp but got to go back next week . I hate all this waiting! 

Hi! Thank you for your response! Sorry to hear you have to go through this, but it is comforting to know I'm not the only one with these symptoms. If you don't mind me asking, how many biopsies did the doc take at your colposcopy? I wasn't expecting him to take so many.

Thanks in advance!

That's ok- same here! Can't sleep sometimes because of them - my doctor said I was probably getting them as worrying too much but even though I am worrying I am not making them up! I had two biopsies and bled for a about a week - had to wait three weeks for the results.

I agree - so much anxiety! Doc said I should have my results in a week...they can't come fast enough ; ) I asked him many questions about my symptoms, and he didn't seem to know what could cause them :/ time will tell I suppose. 

Hi I have had very similar symptoms, same for me cin3 waiting to go in for loop treatment under GA. I think I had 3-4 biopsies at my colposcopy, the whole thing was extremely painful. Quietly freaking out waiting for op date!