Need help

I had hysterectomy 5 years ago, my ovaries was left, I had stage 1a1 cancer and have been cancer free since, my issue is I can't seem to move forward im now on HRT (3 months) and feel no matter how long it's been it still comes back to haunt me. Ie I wouldn't have HRT had I not had this, I feel angry at the world and struggle to be intermet with my husband as my vagina feels like it belongs to someone else. The procedures i have gone through and the Drs etc that have poked and prodded makes me feel detached. I have been counciling that helped a little but thought by talking to people who have been through this may help

Hi Swifty :-)

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling like this - I'm in a very similar position. I am now 54 and am not now nor ever have been allowed HRT. Like you I cannot bring myself to be intimate with my husband. This is an incredibly sad situation but at least he understands and doesn't put any pressure on me. I truly believe that more counselling is probably your best way forward. You might be able to find a good psycho-sexual counsellor who helps to get your mo-jo back or simply a different kind who helps you to come to terms with everything you have suffered so that at least you are no longer angry at the world.

You are not alone in this :-)

Be lucky

Tivoli

xxxxx

Hi,

Haven't been through this but I kind of understand how you feel.  From an early age us women are prodded and poked, messed about with and don't even get me started on the hormones! It sounds like you have been through a lot so try not to put too much pressure on yourself or your body. Maybe concentrate on having fun with your husband, make time together to do things you both enjoy. Maybe a nice holiday or break away together and don't rush things. 

X