Need Advice on supporting partner through treatment

Do any of you have any experience with your partner becoming extremely distant towards you during her treatment. This is a very new, long distance  relationship, only a few months together before diagnosis. We went from texting all day everyday and phone calls at least once a day to very little communication other than the occasional text, phone calls have ceased altogether.  Sometimes 2 whole days will go by without hearing from her. She is in 4th week of cisplatin and external radiation with brachytherapy to follow. I'm so very lost on how to best support her right now.....should i back off and wait for her to text me or continue reaching out to her telling her how much i love and care for her. I've sent care packages to her and her children, and i'm trying so very hard to be a great BF to her right now despite the distance. Any advice would be welcomed....i love this woman so very much. I lost my daughter to cancer several years ago and this  just really sucks! 

Hi tatootom,

Every person is different but I can speak from my experience. I wanted people to reach me out and show me their support even though I wasn't feeling well and couldn't reach them. When I was during the 4 cycle of treatment I was so tired, exhausted and weak that I couldn't even walk. I only wanted to lie and sleep imagine that your woman has kids that she needs to care for. She just has way too many things in her plate at the moment. Try not to take it personally and if you love her just try to be patient and supportive until she tells you otherwise and  keep in mind that probably she is in a very dark place at the moment.

Best of luck

Maria xx

Thank you Maria for taking the time to reply. I'm grateful for your insight. 

Here’s how I felt, more so with my closest friend. I was so emotional and felt on the edge all the time that I was afraid if I saw her I would take it out on her so to speak. I was open with her about this via a very long text message and she understood and is quietly on the sidelines now. She’ll take my daughter for me for ages hours etc and she knows I love her for it.
I know when I’m unwell or in pain I can be quite nasty in terms of what I say. My husband knows how i am and was with me but didnt say much. Just him being there was comfort enough. This is all before I start treatment so dear knows how I’ll be during it.